"Big Ugly" 99 Chevy C2500

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

95C1500

┌П┐(◣_◢)┌П┐
Reaction score
I like it! Ever since my LED tailgate bar burned out, I've wanted one of those I.D. bars (is that what they're called?)

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I like it! Ever since my LED tailgate bar burned out, I've wanted one of those I.D. bars (is that what they're called?)
Ya that's what they are called. I got the one I had on the 98 at oriellys for like $13 iirc. It was led an 3 lights on a single bar.

frito-bandito

8 Lugs + 6 Tires + 4 Doors
Reaction score
I used the red version of these, I still have 3 or 4 of these yellow ones. I am tossing around the thought of putting one each of these on my mirror housings, either as a marker light or as a turn signal. I'm still on the fence though.

You must be registered for see images attach

frito-bandito

Reaction score
Got some exhaust work done today, $250 gets you two 18" glass packs and two 3 1/2" chrome tips ran out to the corners! I like the sound, and the truck is long enough to where the drone inside the cab is very minimal.

Rear shot, also notice the 3 LEDs under the tailgate, it was dark last night after I installed them, so I couldn't get a good shot of them.

Driver's side shot

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Exhaust looks good. I will have some glass packs to sell soon hopefully. These are shorter and just way to loud for me.

Personally I would skip adding a signal to the mirrors or fenders. Unless they are supposed to be there they always looked tacked on an outta place to me. Just my opinion though.

frito-bandito

Reaction score
I got home today and just couldn't fight the urge to install my new grill and lights

Here it is tore down, doing a preliminary test of the junkyard headlight harness.

Next, I got the headlights installed

Installed all 4 corner lights and bow tie and grill is bolted on (it gets dark really fast this time of year)

Finally all together, checking out all of the lights....

And a final shot of the front end with the lights off. I will include more pics tomorrow in the day light.

While I was able to get all of the lights working properly, I cannot seem to get the horn to work with the new harness. The old harness had only one horn plug, the "new" harness had two possibly 3 plugs for horns. There were two plugs in the center of the core support where my horn mounts, and on the donor Tahoe, there was a horn and yet another horn plug on the inside of the core support next to the battery. I'll troubleshoot further once I have someone that can press the horn button while I check current with a test light.

frito-bandito

Reaction score
Exhaust looks good. I will have some glass packs to sell soon hopefully. These are shorter and just way to loud for me.

Personally I would skip adding a signal to the mirrors or fenders. Unless they are supposed to be there they always looked tacked on an outta place to me. Just my opinion though.

I agree, I have already talked myself out of them, I don't want to go ricer lol. I got the 18" cause I wanted to hear it but I didn't want it to be stupid loud. I've went with 12" glass packs in the past and I liked it back in my teens, but now I guess I'm an old man lol