"Big Ugly" 99 Chevy C2500

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

frito-bandito

8 Lugs + 6 Tires + 4 Doors
Reaction score
Any apprehension I had about drilling my roof disappeared after about 5 minutes. I used the formula that @88GMCtruck used. I changed a couple of measurements and I'm very happy with it. Below is the link I used as a guideline.

http://www.gmt400.com/threads/cab-light-install.117/

You must be registered for see images attach

Got all of the measurements marked and ready to drill.

Got the holes drilled and the lights wired up to the positive post just to test my wiring. Of course only 2 worked until I turned the rest of the LED bulbs around.

Still wired to the positive post, but everything is screwed down.

Time to head back out and splice the power wire into my marker light circuit and put the interior back together.

95C1500

┌П┐(◣_◢)┌П┐
Reaction score
badass man! I want me some cab lights even more now. I've got a set of OEM w/o lenses sitting there. Still not sure if I want to drill into my roof though. I may save them for another 400

frito-bandito

Reaction score
badass man! I want me some cab lights even more now. I've got a set of OEM w/o lenses sitting there. Still not sure if I want to drill into my roof though. I may save them for another 400

If your confident in your measurements, drilling the holes is not that bad. What sucked was getting all them wired up especially when you don't use an OEM harness, oh and putting the interior back together afterwards wasn't much fun either.

95C1500

┌П┐(◣_◢)┌П┐
Reaction score
full shot of the truck with them on por favor

twomanymontes

car show addict
Reaction score
I love the look of the roof lights, just not looking forward to drilling into my roof either. Plus I have every intention to put a 52" curved LED across the top. Don't think that would look too good with both.

frito-bandito

Reaction score
As promised, here are the pics as the truck sits now

Front shot

A little closer to show off the cab lights