"Big Ugly" 99 Chevy C2500

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JackE

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So with a little reassurance / advice from @bluex I cut out the needed holes in my headliner...
Do you still have the measurements for the holes needed to install the overhead console? I have one sitting on the shelf buy haven't been brave enough to cut. I ran the light wires through about 6 months ago, but still too chicken to cut.

frito-bandito

8 Lugs + 6 Tires + 4 Doors
Reaction score
Do you still have the measurements for the holes needed to install the overhead console? I have one sitting on the shelf buy haven't been brave enough to cut. I ran the light wires through about 6 months ago, but still too chicken to cut.

Unfortunately man it’s been too long ago, but I made a template from the Tahoe I removed the console from and cut my headliner by that.

JackE

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
No luck there for me, the headliner was destroyed with the console laying on the floor. I guess I'll just start really small and increase in size until it's big enough.

frito-bandito

Reaction score
I know this resurrects an old thread. But I’ve searched all over trying to buy this truck back but I couldn’t find it....until one day driving down a back road, I passed a junkyard and spotted the blue bowtie from the corner of my eye. I turned around to investigate, it was nothing short of heartbreaking to say the least. Less than 2 years after selling it in good shape, it was trashed and abandoned in the junk yard.

I seen this about a year and a half ago, I was just looking thru my photos this morning and realized I never posted them.

You must be registered for see images attach

JackE

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So did you get it back out of the junk yard?

I forget how bad the mildew collects on vehicles out there in the humidity!

frito-bandito

Reaction score
So did you get it back out of the junk yard?

I forget how bad the mildew collects on vehicles out there in the humidity!
Nah, they wanted $800 for it with a locked up engine and it being trashed...plus at the time I had just bought my 04 2500 so I couldn’t come up with the money. I seriously considered it though.

Also being that it’s in the junkyard, I couldn’t legally put it back on the road.

JackE

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Nah, they wanted $800 for it with a locked up engine and it being trashed...plus at the time I had just bought my 04 2500 so I couldn’t come up with the money. I seriously considered it though.

Also being that it’s in the junkyard, I couldn’t legally put it back on the road.
It can definitely go back on the road if you want it bad enough. My Escalade is going back in for inspection soon after killing Jeff the Antelope a month ago. This will be the 4th branding on the title, but as long as the insurance company will keep insuring it, I'll keep fixing it!

SUBURBAN5

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
It's a pain here too btw. That's why I had cancelled the claim in my accident.. insurance does a lot of bs to keep the truck and put it back on the road... still ****** me off thinking about it...:893Chainsaw-Smilie-:flame: