addiction2basses daily driver build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

addiction2bass

junkyard junkie
Reaction score
well today is FAILURE DAY!!!!! the york bracket i bought has sheered in 3 places.... two of those places i asked to not have but some how i still got the bracket with those FANCY LOOKING CUTS/WEAK POINTS just like i thought would happen.... happened! two points cracked, and worst break is the lower bracket sheered completly and was grinding into the yorks clutch pulley!
only thing i can say is at least this didnt break while i was driving it! last night it was fine when i got home from work. and this morning i get in to go to work fire it up and GRINDING NOISES coming from the hood! ya nobody likes those sounds at 5:45am when its time for work!
and this is what i find...
two videos
You must be registered for see images attach

lower mount sheered right off and at least the yorks clutch pulley is stronger than that metal and it grinded into it instead of vise versa!

and the top mount which i told the guy that made my bracket for me i wanted the top mount to be solid and without his fancy looking cuts BUT some how i still got one with the cutouts AND i just accepted it cause i wanted my york on my truck and working. :( i knew it was going to be a weak point!

now i dont know which point failed first other than guessing from the rust... i figure the top one point broke which allowed flexing and in time the vibrations the bottom link finally had enough and sheered off completely.
atleast it didnt happen when i was driving... but still SUCKS!!!!!!! loosing awhole days work of pay... and i have to fix this today! or atleast attempt i should say!
:banghead::banghead::banghead:

Last edited:

addiction2bass

junkyard junkie
Reaction score
Ya that would have sucked no matter where I was! I've always got tools in my truck so it's never a thing about not being able to temp fix it... ;)
But I got it welded as much as I could but like always I put to much heat in that sucker and warped the top bracket. :( it still lined up with a lot of force getting that top rear bolt back in but for now it works for time being. I'm just gonna be easy on the switches till the guy can make me a new bracket and this time I'm going to test fit it and run it for a second and once it's known to be good ill add a brace on that bottom bracket and maybe add an extra brace on the engines removal bracket. Hopefully it won't be to much work to fab an extra mounting point! Just to be 100% positive it shouldn't break ever again!!!!
I should find my old serp belt tho just incase and throw it back in the truck!
O well.... Truck hasn't had a problem for awhile so no huge deal! It's ok if it has one problem a year right ;)

addiction2bass

junkyard junkie
Reaction score
well not much done to my truck lately. still dealing with scangaugeii problems... when i got it the rear connector wasnt working right, sent it in for free repair and upgrade, get it back and it wont keep any history so sent it back in. hopefully ill get it back any day now and it will work properly this time.LOL

lately ive been working on my 66impala getting it back into POSSIBLY daily driving status or atleast a option! its worst thing HEADLIGHTS! i got some headlights from a 90s BMW projectors idea from online and then since no one had any actual progress pictures i had to figure it out myself..... BUT i got it figured out pretty good! and with my little ebay plasma cutter it was simple as hell!!!!!!!! i just got my HIDs for them today and ill install those this weekend since im off. right now im just to lazy!

next to go in is those HIDs using DDMtuning.com 9006 55watt 6K hids with a H4 relay kit so it will be plug and play into the impalas factory harness plug. should be an awesome upgrade! heck just the projectors are halogen lights are probably better but i havent tested the difference so far. ill post some pics before and after the hid instal this weekend. those sealed bulb headlights are absolutely horrible! i drove it one time at night last year and it was down right scary getting home from a friends house! hell i even had my high beams on and NOBODY flashed me they are that dim.LOL

addiction2bass

junkyard junkie
Reaction score
well not much done to the truck. but i got a few extra goodies for my truck ;)
i also spaced my passenger door speaker out alittle more so my window can now go all the way down again :)

still working on my old impala and i can honestly say it is now good to drive again for the most part.lol still have to check brake fluid from a mysterious leak its had for quite some time! and alittle smoking and alittle slipping transmission
HIDs

stripped the old tint 2.5% limo about 15years old garbage i put on back in like 97.LOL i still have to remove the blue tint off those front quarter windows. i got tired of rubbing removing all that glue residue so i quite early.

out with the old garbage center console i built as a kid. only thing i need to add now is some front speakers somewhere. and im still unsure WHERE i want to try and put some! its either put some tiny speakers in the single front middle spot. or just slap some speakers under the dash IN HOPES the sound reflects off the floor board enough. :( i dont want to cut into this car anymore than needed... well anymore than it already is.LOL

LOL back in the day when zip ties worked for everything. and i have no idea HOW i hacked those holes in the back deck back then.LOL its pretty bad! o the stupid we do to our first ride! and no idea why i ever cut a hole in the center like that for....

also installed a new alarm since the old one must have died over the years! cheaper to replace it! only like 35bucks off ebay. i fixed the passenger door lock linkage and also tweaked all of the power door locks and got them all working perfect again. i scabbed all the power lock actuators off a old lumina we had way back in the day. they still work pretty good ;) just had to secure them to the door panels alittle better and zip tie the rods to the motors so they shouldnt fall out again.
only thing i wish i could add is a remote trunk popper BUT i cannt with the factory latch :( theres no way to add a popper without disabling the lock which i really dont want to do!

nothing special in the trunk. just a quick REUSED SETUP parts i had laying around! type R 15. and a old custom box i had for my old civic. the box specs close enough for the typeR. i just never made this box pretty because i had trim panels cover everything up before. ive been meaning to build a new box but havent needed to build one since this one works just fine.lol
a old jbl bp600.1 amp. i just slapped a quick mount on the side since i got tired of looking at it on its side and didnt want to attach it to the box. i just slapped some quick tie down mounts on top and strung it up to keep it from sliding around for the time being.

AND OF COURSE RIGHT AFTER I WASH THE OLD GIRL........ COUNTRY LIFE HAPPENS...... dam combined dusting up EVERYTHING!!! LOL

the next big purchase will be new carpet for the old girl..... 47years have not been good to the factory carpet infront!!!!!!!

and of course alittle video fun. quick 180 spin. not bad for a monster!

and because my powerglide is shifting funny from 1-2 back and forth ruff shifting i got a back up transmission now!
local junkyard has had a older camaro out front for sale for a while and my friend that works there says the only reason they didnt sell it was because they lost the title for it so couldnt sell it so they stuck it out on the lot to be stripped!
now i kinda wish i bought the whole drivetrain motor/trans when i first saw it. just cause my 400 motor does smoke alittle. but anyways i was told it drives great so i knew the TH350 3speed transmission was good so i went ahead and got it.
funny thing is the first day they put it out on the yard i dropped the whole subframe and unbolted the transmission from the motor BUT i couldnt get the driveshaft or torque converter off cause i didnt have any open end wrenches so i had to leave it... i thought forsure someone would snag it up so i didnt go back until like a week later and i guess since i dropped it out mostly it must have scared everyone away thinking it was left on the ground for a reason.LOL and this time i had wrenches and a saw with me so i was able to actually get it. but by that time people had took parts off the motor like distributor and carberator parts and other misc stuff so i didnt buy the motor. but atleast i got the transmission as a back up so if my stock powerglide does completly crap out on me i can slap this sucker and be back driving the next day! only thing i have to buy for it is a new oil pan since the junkyard pops holes in them to drain them :( and i also drug it around on the ground so i wouldnt trust that pan anyways! simple replacement tho!
im unsure if it has any extras in the transmission tho. would be nice if it had a shift kit but unsure. but it did have a upgraded B&M shifter on it as well as motor had center bolt heads on the motor so im hoping those upgrades also went inside the transmission ;)
i think it will bolt right inplace of my powerglide but i havent jacked up my impala to visually check mine to this one.

addiction2bass

junkyard junkie
Reaction score
o ya how could i forget the truck goodies pictures ;)

who doesnt love seeing heavy boxes that took alittle beating from delivery due to there weight ;)
can you guess what they are before scrolling to far?

them are some beasts!!!!!!!!!!
MMW arms jeebus joints. narrowed 0.750 as they recommended for me. i wish i could have afforded powder coating at the same time BUT we all know these suckers aint cheap!!!!!!! even with the awesome NAME YOUR PRICE SALE they still a hard hit on the bank account.LOL
im still debating with myself if i should just paint them black OR if i should get them powder coated locally. tho unsure how much a local shop would charge.... i havent stopped into there shop yet to talk to them. but if i get them powder coated i also want to get my spindles coated as well. so id have to get them sand blasted clean either way paint or powder coated!

now the thing that nobody wants to hear.... even tho i have these awesome parts.... they wont be going on my truck until spring.... ya i know its along way away! but i dont trust driving the old impala in the winter and dont want to TEST AND TUNE a suspension in the snow! so it will have to wait! i also dont want to have to pay for an extra alignment so i wont just slap these arms on the truck right now.

twomanymontes

car show addict
Reaction score
That is a really nice Impala! If you have kept it since you were a kid in that nice of a condition, That's awesome! Yeah, we all do stupid stuff when we get our first car, but at least you can hide the speaker holes.

Those control arms look nice!

addiction2bass

junkyard junkie
Reaction score
Ya for the most part the impala is pretty nice. I repainted it back in 97-98 a chystler color viper blue pearl. Awesome color just wish I counted my coats when painting it in pieces lol doors and hood and such slightly lighter than the body.... Lol I was off by one or two coats.
And now it's got a few of the rust holes coming back and having a tarp warped over it for a few years sure didn't help the paint either :( needs redone someday! Just not going to be too soon by me. I hate looking at the rust spots but I also don't want to repaint the car right now!
Main thing I need fixed next is the back glass I need it cut out and resealed since it leaks again and I'm tired of messing with it! Back in the day we used silicone to seal it cause of the leak. And now it's doing it again. Gonna be redone by a real glass man this time and done!

Last edited:

addiction2bass

junkyard junkie
Reaction score
got a few more parts.
this week i finally went ahead and ordered new led taillights. and absolutely love them BUT i am torn with what to do to them next.... either candy red them more OR tint them, OR BOTH and keep the reverse light section like stock style or slightly larger than the stock openings.
they are super bright and i love it! so both ways will still show thru great!

videos

and stage 1 of winter mode. took off the soft roll up cover and slapped the jason fiberglass cover back on. i wanted to paint it black before winter but it creeped up on me to quick and to cold now so ill just have a blue cover all winter again. o well.
im going to wait until the roads start to get bad until i take the rims off.

and best of all IMO today i found another Trex 30bar billet grill in the junkyard. its broke in half BUT hell i only need half.LOL so its perfect for my main wanted modification.... taking out the bumpers larger spaced grills and slapping these in the back of the bumper so i can FINALLY MATCH BILLET GRILLS. and just a plus the finish is old so it matches my faded billet just the same.LOL

hell i only need half the grill so it being broken is JUST FINE!!!!!!!!!! im much happier spending 20bucks on a broken grill than a new $170 that id have to cut up!
most people dont notice the difference in the grill but its been on my nerves since the day i installed that bumper!
hell im tempted to try my luck at cutting up the other half and see if i can cover my parking lights as well with the grill.
i really wish the junkyard guys in the back didnt take the cowl hood off this truck but it was already gone. :( 2-3 of the guys that work in the back have 88-98 trucks so im sure one of them took it.LOL but atleast i got the busted grill and ill put it to good use!!!! downfall is to make it work ill have to take the bumper off since i want to mount it as one piece for both grills and attach it from the rear. cannt do that with the bumper on the truck :( probably another thing ill wait till either a weekend off or just throw it into the pile of parts for the big spring rebuild!