addiction2basses daily driver build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

95C1500

┌П┐(◣_◢)┌П┐
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure he is waiting to put the flip kit from his truck onto his trailer once he bags his truck.... me thinks :shrug:

sent from the c1500 Denali

correct. He said that a couple of pages back.

addiction2bass

junkyard junkie
Reaction score
yep. i wanted to build it low originally by just moving the spring hangers and shackles as high as posible. what i didnt take into account was the bed position to those parts! :( also the bed braces are not level which made me lift the bed another inch to also clear the drop shackles. :( as well as the heavier duty springs im sure also hold me up a bit higher as well. just one thing after another added up and killed the possible drop i originally wanted! SO just have to go about it another way.... ill recycle my flip kit off my truck that will drop it 6inches easy and if thats not enough.... either a drop block OR cut off one of the spring mounts and move it all the way up to the bottom of the bed as much as possible to get the desirable drop it needs ;) and i can also recycle my trucks helper bags so it can be as low as possible but still air it up alittle and be usable again ;)

addiction2bass

junkyard junkie
Reaction score
hahaha thanks guys. and yes it will look much more badass when lowered ALOT MORE.LOL my dad is already telling me not to lower it cause it wont be able to use it... but i keep telling him ill be adding helper bags so i can air them up and still haul just like i can inside my truck right now :D

V..... just go ahead and build one :D hardest part is finding a good bed to use! and maybe matching rims if your rims are discontinued :( my 20s are discontinued which is the ONLY REASON why i wont be matching them to my truck :( ill have to slap my sport rims back on to fully match :( sucks i only have 5 20inch rims. to bad seller didnt have a 6th.LMAO o well.

only downfall now is all the BS i have to go thru for the MVIN to be legal! last trailer i built the dmv lady just typed in a bunch of info asking me questions and i got the application sent in and aproved by them with very little paper work. now today i went to dmv and the lady just prints off 3 pieces of paper and says fill these out and do check list and mail it into this adress..... DAM IT MAN :( more and more paper work and writing and i still HOPE i do it all right so they approve it and dont return it to me delaying it even longer! hassle hassle hassle..... but o well it will get done eventually!

addiction2bass

junkyard junkie
Reaction score
well i havent been doing much other than driving the ole girl and trying to be cheap with my money lately cause having money in the back is better than a additional credit card debt! i just got all my credit cards paid off mostly with a bank loan which should be me ALOT since its only like 8% compared to the CC companies 24 and one was even 29%! so atleast this way im saving quite a bit in interest and im canceling most the cards to keep my spending in check for once! and only having to pay 1 monthly payment instead of 4-5 is awesome feeling! LOL

only real updates are i replaced my parking lights with some new more stockish style ones cause my old ones have either dirt built up inside them that or the chrome is messing up, but after i swapped them out i noticed my bulbs where loose in the socket on atleast one of them. turns out the foam ring that seals the bulb to the lights was missing! which i still need to put some on there. atleast i got 4 from the junkyard afew days ago so now i just gotta feel like installing them. but i like the looks of the new ones. gives it more of a stock but clean look instead of the clear ones i had.

You must be registered for see images attach

and the new ones. i still need to paint the screws black. i had painted my first set of parking lights silver bezel and screws to match my grill but those long gone now. just some simple black will do this time.

and yes i got a light bulb out. already bought a new bulb, was waiting to install it when i got those foam gaskets. now just lazy from working a double today. :(

but one huge plus is i found this little toy in the junkyard! ScanGaugeII very cool little toy to see your gas milage and such real time and it doesnt get any easier to instal! just plug into the OBDII port! i found it in a 2003 crown vic just sitting in the passenger seat with the cord under the drivers seat. kinda like someone was checking it out and either didnt know what it was or they just forgot about it! hell i didnt pass it up tho. looked it up on my phone and say all the cool features so i snagged that sucker up along with its rear view mirror mount and cable extension.

it is a older unit BUT the unit is the same they just updated the software inside it and they offer a upgrade/update for only 25bucks if its older than a year old which is very reasonable. and i emailed them and asked them about the new features and that the rear plug doesnt work properly and to see how much they would charge for repair along with the update software.... and i get a email back saying they will fix it for free and update it for free and i dont even have to pay return shipping either. id just have to ship it into them with my info and afew details! THATS AWESOME!!!!!!! i just shipped it in afew days ago finaly cause i was so busy lately. hopefully that sucker gets back soon fixed and updated! and it wasnt fully broken just the rear plug must have a bad joint on it BUT they also have a side plug on the unit and that plug worked perfect so i could have still used it. i did test it out in the truck for a week or so to play around with it but its manual is 60pages and they have changed quite a bit from my software model so i couldnt figure out to much of it from there online manual.LOL
but hell a company that will repair and update there software for free and even ship it back to you....... HELLS YA THATS SWEET!!!!!!!! AAAAA+++++
that software has got to be super old! 3.15 and now there software is like 4.05 or something. :)
ive been looking for one of those factory denali MPG units to do a swap into my truck for quite a while now and this thing is 10X better than those things! it can check and clear trouble codes, plug into any OBDII port.
and with the mirror mount thats a $200 value! i paid like 10bucks for it ;) hahaha winning!!! o ya and like 8 bucks or so for shipping to them.
the only downfall is i cannt install it over my rear view mirror with just that bracket :( it would be a great spot BUT with my modded overhead console it hangs down another inch or so and you cannt view the whole thing. so ill have to either make another bracket to space it further to the left towards me or just mount it somewhere else. and right now im kinda aiming towards just slapping it ontop of the steering colum or infront of gauges on the bezel. still not positive yet.

coolest feature i like so far is the how much youve spent for your current TRIP! cost me that much just to get to work from my house.... very cool and also kinda depressing as well.LOL

and i still have yet to get my trailer inspected and titled yet. :( ive been either busy or to lazy... mostly to lazy tho i wont lie.LOL

phule

Back in a 400 again
Reaction score
Welcome back. Glad to hear your getting a caah In order. I dug my myself out of a 30k hole a couple years back. trucks lookin good

Adam