addiction2basses daily driver build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

addiction2bass

junkyard junkie
Reaction score
dam 275 thats a beast... id have to add double or tripple my steering stops. :( i dont think it would be a good idea for my front or rear atleast just not yet...
just put them on my truck tonight... and first test drive the crappy center cap decided it im outta here ;) flew off some where, drove the path twice looking for it but its dark and i couldnt see it. BUT i already ordered two new ones so no big deal. ill look again tomorrow after work who knows i might find it.

my rears are VERY CLOSE to the helper bags!!!!!! by like 1/4inch... BUT it clears.LOL
fronts do rub the shocks if i turn to sharp but i just have to remember no sharp turns for afew days till i add more metal to the extra bump stops i already have.
http://s40.beta.photobucket.com/use...2-3E8C2262A54E-2387-0000012315996A43.mp4.html

You must be registered for see images attach

passenger rear side i put a good 245/50/20 just cause thats my drive wheel ;) and drivers side rear is a skinny ass 245/35/20 WAY TO SMALL IMO. LOL

also replaced idler arm bracket and arm with new ones because they worn sloppy. MOOG thru rockauto so now i just need a RMA number to ship the old parts back and get my refund for them to be swapped out :)

ill see about getting rotors turned monday when im off and hopefully napa can get them right in and smoothed nice real quick!

i took the remainder 3 center caps off for now and once i get good/new tires then im going to glue the center caps onto the rims to make sure THEY WONT COME OFF BY ACCIDENT!!! i also noticed the new center caps show a metal ring on the inside... none of my used center caps had them. not sure if i can fab up my own metal rings or not to help hold them tighter as well.
so far im happy with how these wheels ride. i just need another 245/50/20 pirelli str to match my good one i have in rear. then for the front im lookin at 245/45/20.

also defiantly gonna have to paint calipers as well now that i can see them! LOL DONT WORRY BLACK!!!!!!

addiction2bass

junkyard junkie
Reaction score
well today i found the lost center cap.... right across the street in my neighbors yard.LOL cap didnt stay on long! i also remembered i forgot to air down the other 3 tires from when i was testing for leaks... WHOOPS! but didnt hurt anything. rides alittle smoother now. still need 3 more tires. the fronts have pretty bad alignment wear. so atleast i dont have to worry about alignment just yet since they already not pretty who cares if they only last a few more months from alignment!
for now i just glued the center caps on with some hot glue. after i get new tires on the 3 wheels ill pull the caps and hot glue off and use some silicone on them to hold them firmly just cause summer heat the hot glue will probably soften and posibly fall off... silicone should be just fine year round. just have to clean of each time i have to pull rim of. pretty minor work to ensure not loosing any caps ;)

my trucks real dirty.... i would wash it for nice pictures BUT its going to rain and snow the next few days so im not gonna waste time or money washing it just yet.

i still have to add the extra steering stops so the tires wont hit my front shocks. but ill do that tomorrow just cause im lazy right now.

cannt wait for spring summer so i can finally paint this rear bed cover to match! and start chopping up front fenders and rear to finally bag the rear! its just to cold out here for me to feel like doing all the work! i got so much i wanna do from my truck to trailer to my dads suburban.... just to much work i want to do but not in the cold! i think the first thing im going to do is build this truck bed trailer, i dont think it would take me long at all to get that sucker built! hell ill probably spend more time figuring out how to get the bed inside the shop on concrete to move around.LOL

addiction2bass

junkyard junkie
Reaction score
well less than a week of rims on and doing a good deed for family member already caused me to bend two rims :( half sister had a pipe burst about an hour away from my place so i cruised down there to help her out redoing the busted plumbing in a hurry and on the interstate with heavy traffic cruising a good 65-70mph and the car infront of me hits a MASSIVE pothole and i have no time to react other than hold on for dear life and have my stomach drop... no place to go and i slammed it hard :(
good news is they didnt blow out my tires and they still hold air just fine. downfall was it was on drivers side with the rear 35series offsize tires thats to dam small! so it bent that rim as well in the rear. i think if i had a 50series like i want on it it would have survived the hit and i would have just had the front rim bent on one side.... but whats done is done! i ordered another matching Pirelli Scorpion STR 245/50-20 for the rear. then i will just need to get the front 245-40-20s swapped for new 245-45-20tires.
thats the plan. and also see about getting these two rims straightened before replacing tires. hoping the rim shop will be gentle since they arent to badly bent!

worst front

rear

also after just leaving junkyard trying to make some money i just pull off the yard and pull over to take my carharts off and when i get out and just start to get them off i hear the a squalling noise starting to grow and grow louder pop the hood real fast and notice my idler pulley bearing locked up and it just started melting the belt... :( BUT luckily i stepped out my truck and didnt just drive home otherwise i would have burned right thru that belt and been who knows how far down the road, cause no way id have heard that belt slipping with my stereo on driving down the road! so it could have been way worse!!!!! luckely junkyard still within 100yards so i just walked back down there and found a used pulley to replace it with and was back on the road in about 10mins ;) and belt is still good. HUGE LUCK WAS ON MY SIDE TODAY AT LEAST! :D

addiction2bass

junkyard junkie
Reaction score
well it would probably fit... i have one already 50 on the rear. but i never tried it on the front mainly because its the only good tire i got and i put that on my main drive wheel ;) its still winter and all.LOL i need/want traction.
only problem i see is rubbing my relocated shocks. even more rubbing i should say.lol ive been meaning to take the shocks off and just see how it rides without them just for kicks.

addiction2bass

junkyard junkie
Reaction score
ok with all matching tires around i dont think it would rub with a 5inch drop.... maybe hard to tell by stiffness in springs.
i got all matching 245-50-20 tires all the way around now. very happy with the tires other than the larger tires hold my truck up higher and i cannt lay it as low as well.... dam stock inner fenders.LOL

well only a slight update... got me some ACdelco drilled and slotted rotors from rockauto for my truck and so far i must say i love the looks of them!
i started installing one side today and then painted it with POR15 i had and well i forgot HOW LONG THAT STUFF TAKES TO DRY! 3-6hours depending on humidity! ya and its high and about to rain when i quit for the day.... so i cannt see exactly how they will look with the rims on BUT they should look pretty badass IMO
BEFORE... just plain old ugly stock.

and i also found out people where right..... if you get POR15 on the cans brim/lid the lid will not come off ever again. LMFAO
i pried and pried screw drivers/ pliers pulled the whole top inside out before i punctured it finally.LOL luckely you can buy new cans at lowes so i just poured it into the new can making sure not to get any on the seal/lid.LOL

no pictures of wheel installed just yet because i want it to be fully dry so it lasts! i painted the drivers side rotor so it should simply bolt right up tomorrow and ill just have to maybe do minor touch up and paint the caliper and brake shield on that side. but ill be able to bolt the rims back on atleast!
and yes im aware that alot of people say theres no difference in performance.... but hell they look great! and they are ACDELCO so not cheapies!
Are D3EA tested and approved
Full Cast Replacement supplied in noise dampening iron

and if one person hurries up they can buy the last 1 in wholesale and save 40bucks on the front right side rotor.... ya i just checked and saw it say wholesaler closeout 1 left.... no no i didnt get mine on sale..... dam it man.lol i paid like 240ish for my pair shipped total. which is kinda silly why one side costs 15bucks more than the other!
id like to try some of the EBC green brake pads. but just dont feel like buying them right now since i still have 3/4 pads left over on my napa premium pads. this will just be a better comparison then with same pads if performance any better feeling or not. im just tired of warped rotor peddle wobble! pretty sure it trashed my idler arm. so i figured why not get rid of my warped rotor and upgrade style as well at the same time! :)
these 20s really big openings just doesnt look pretty showning off rusty behind them! now they will look even better! tho now ill have to paint my rear drums again for them to match since i just sprayed them with black paint or spray bed liner cans years ago. and ill just inspect the rear pads as well and if they need changed i have a pair of what i think are dam near brand new drums out in my trailer. got them from junkyard off a truck that looked perfect like the truck just had a brake job done. i took them for a spare axle i had. sold axle and kept the good drums. i might just go ahead and swap them out.