'98 K2500 RCLB 454 NV4500 Daily/Hauler

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jrgunn5150

Enjoying tomorrow's success today
Reaction score
But I will say, my buddy who now owns that truck, had a 94 Ram, the bed was rotted terribly around the wheel wells, but had a plastic liner, and looked brand spanking new underneath other than some slight paint rubbed off.

Yeah it's not an absolute certainty either way, but I've seen both. I just have somethign sprayed on now lol.

Biggershaft96

Cant Getrite
Reaction score
Yeah it's not an absolute certainty either way, but I've seen both. I just have somethign sprayed on now lol.
Yea mines got a spot about the size of a medium pizza, of surface rust and in the center you can see where its starting to go through. Ive never seen the front of the bed floor but i dont imagine its much better since its rusting out underneath. I think they just rub the paint off then start rusting from there.

Justin S

Truck Hoarder
Reaction score
Made a junkyard run today and got a few little things. I got a switch panel from a Suburban with the fog light switch and the rear wiper/washer switch. Eventually I plan on getting some sort of light(s) for the front, and the fog light switch can control that. No clue what i'd use the wiper switch for, but its there! Also figured i'd check out the Aztecs for needles in case I ever feel like pulling mine apart to fix the twitchy fuel gauge. They had 7 of them there, and only 1 had a cluster. I'll have to wait till I find another to have enough needles to do it. Also took my toolbox and bed mat out to prep for the bed lining tomorrow.
You must be registered for see images attach

Biggershaft96

Cant Getrite
Reaction score
Made a junkyard run today and got a few little things. I got a switch panel from a Suburban with the fog light switch and the rear wiper/washer switch. Eventually I plan on getting some sort of light(s) for the front, and the fog light switch can control that. No clue what i'd use the wiper switch for, but its there! Also figured i'd check out the Aztecs for needles in case I ever feel like pulling mine apart to fix the twitchy fuel gauge. They had 7 of them there, and only 1 had a cluster. I'll have to wait till I find another to have enough needles to do it. Also took my toolbox and bed mat out to prep for the bed lining tomorrow.
Wow your bed looks clean. I think 04+ grand prix had those same needles.

Justin S

Truck Hoarder
Reaction score
Wow your bed looks clean. I think 04+ grand prix had those same needles.
It is very clean, that's why I wanted to protect it. I'd feel bad banging it up. It had a rubber mat in it, that i'm guessing was in it most of its life so i'm sure thats why it still looks so nice. I heard about the Grand Prix needles, but those ones supposedly are red and the aztec ones being orange, I think i'd rather stick with those. I'll double check next time i'm out there.

Jrgunn5150

Reaction score
Pigpen's needles are so faded, I bought some blue glow in the dark paint I want to try on them, whenever I find it. I bet you could make any color needle you like.

Jrgunn5150

Reaction score
Drill a hole first lol, or drill out bigger, or whatever .

Biggershaft96

Cant Getrite
Reaction score
It is very clean, that's why I wanted to protect it. I'd feel bad banging it up. It had a rubber mat in it, that i'm guessing was in it most of its life so i'm sure thats why it still looks so nice. I heard about the Grand Prix needles, but those ones supposedly are red and the aztec ones being orange, I think i'd rather stick with those. I'll double check next time i'm out there.

Your right, i wasnt paying enough attention to tell those were orange lol.