'98 K2500 RCLB 454 NV4500 Daily/Hauler

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

83GMCK2500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Western WA from Eastern WA, aka the wet side from
Stopped in next door to my work to Ziebart, and now I'm going to have my bed rhino lined on Thursday. They gave me a good discount because my shop does business with them. I've never had a truck this nice, and I want to make sure the bed is protected for as long as I have it, which will be a very long time.

Want to protect the bed and preserve it? DO NOT APPLY RHINO. Line-X is the only coating that isn't permeable. Rhino is porous, moisture WILL pass through it and reach the bed, have any kind of scratch or chip in the paint to the metal and it WILL rust. Homie hook-up or not, Rhino is junk.

Justin S

Truck Hoarder
Reaction score
Want to protect the bed and preserve it? DO NOT APPLY RHINO. Line-X is the only coating that isn't permeable. Rhino is porous, moisture WILL pass through it and reach the bed, have any kind of scratch or chip in the paint to the metal and it WILL rust. Homie hook-up or not, Rhino is junk.
The only bad reviews I've seen are from people who've had shops improperly prep the bed for the coating, I have not seen a single review saying that Rhino Lining causes a bed to rust.

Jrgunn5150

Enjoying tomorrow's success today
Reaction score
I've used everything from Herculiner, Al's liner, Upol Raptor, Rustoleum. Some of it fades, some of it falls off, I've never had it cause rot though.

The LIne X in my truck definitely causes a redneck swimming pool lol.

dave_erald

Live the dream, or don't, your choice...
Reaction score
Good to know about the Upol holding up.

There are holes in mine which I may open up one size bigger. Just one leaf and its plugged solid. Did you know a single maple leaf can hold back 30 gallons of water? I may exaggerate a bit...but not by much.

Anywho...rhino that sumbitch!!

83GMCK2500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Western WA from Eastern WA, aka the wet side from
The only bad reviews I've seen are from people who've had shops improperly prep the bed for the coating, I have not seen a single review saying that Rhino Lining causes a bed to rust.

Not that the product causes it to rust, if I phrased it that way that was not my intention. Just that it allows water through and creates the possibility. Personally seen where the coating gets dinged and forms bubbles where it then peels up. The beds underneath appeared to have been scuffed during prep as they're supposed to be. On separate occasions I've asked 3 different auto body (2x techs, 1x owner) persons what they'd observed regarding bed coatings; all say prep is key, but none trusted the Rhino product. Good luck, really. I hope it holds up for you, you've got a sharp looking truck.

BowtieBrody

Jesus Murphy!
Reaction score
I got a plastic one. Looked under it once... i dont suggest plastic lmao

Fuuck
The truck I'm looking at has a plastic bedliner and it's spent it's life in the mountains :uhoh2:

My dad's F150 work truck has a liner called Xtreme Liner, apparently it's somewhat like Line-X, but cheaper? I'll have to double check though;

Jrgunn5150

Enjoying tomorrow's success today
Reaction score
Fuuck
The truck I'm looking at has a plastic bedliner and it's spent it's life in the mountains :uhoh2:

My dad's F150 work truck has a liner called Xtreme Liner, apparently it's somewhat like Line-X, but cheaper? I'll have to double check though;

Plastic tends to wiggle back and forth, like sand paper over 100,000 miles. Then it get's a tiny hole, and water get's in, and never dries... It's why spray in's are preferable nowadays. I don't think they even sell them with drop in's any longer. My green stepside I had last year was a victim.

Justin S

Truck Hoarder
Reaction score
My old 01 had a plastic liner with holes cut at the front of the wheel well by the PO for whatever stupid reason, so all the crap would just go right in. When I got it, it had a little paint peel and the seal between the side and the floor of the bed was just starting to peel up a little. I ditched that liner shortly after, but after 6 more years, that side of the bed was literally about to fall off, I had to weld brackets to hold it in place. I then got another plastic liner from the junkyard just so my foot wouldn't go through the bed! If the tailgate is down, I could rock the bed by the taillight a good 4 inches back and forth.

Justin S

Truck Hoarder
Reaction score
But I will say, my buddy who now owns that truck, had a 94 Ram, the bed was rotted terribly around the wheel wells, but had a plastic liner, and looked brand spanking new underneath other than some slight paint rubbed off.