'98 K2500 RCLB 454 NV4500 Daily/Hauler

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Justin S

Truck Hoarder
Reaction score
I finally decided to order the parts for the engine maintenance that i've been putting off since I got the truck. Long story short, I've been trying to get a relative's S10 through inspection, and I've come to the conclusion that the easiest and cheapest way is to get the computer tuned to delete the emission monitors. The company I am going to use told me that they would give me a 10% discount if I paid for both that one and the one for my truck at the same time, so might as well do it. Once I send mine out, I will be swapping my injectors, fpr, and oil pressure switch. I just picked up a set of Bosch #30 injectors from ebay, so a little upgrade over the stockers.

dave_erald

Live the dream, or don't, your choice...
Reaction score
I've always been curious how emissions testing in the states is conducted. It's a farce as far as I'm concerned and from anyone i talk to they all usually agree. (EDIT , let me extrapolate on that, ANY COUNTRY that does emissions testing on vehicles 96 and newer is a joke for the most part)

I would prefer mandatory yearly safeties, but what can you do.

So the idea is to drive this thing in the winter yeah? Or as little as possible and garage it for a month or two and tune it up?

Justin S

Truck Hoarder
Reaction score
I've always been curious how emissions testing in the states is conducted. It's a farce as far as I'm concerned and from anyone i talk to they all usually agree. (EDIT , let me extrapolate on that, ANY COUNTRY that does emissions testing on vehicles 96 and newer is a joke for the most part)

I would prefer mandatory yearly safeties, but what can you do.

So the idea is to drive this thing in the winter yeah? Or as little as possible and garage it for a month or two and tune it up?

I agree on the safety inspections, NY state's are also a joke. They can fail for a ripped wiper blade, yet pass for a super loose ball joint. I will have the truck on the road throughout the winter, but I have a beater Civic that I will drive as much as possible, unless I need a truck, like to run to the dump, or haul my trailer. I spray waxed and undercoated the crap out of the underside in every crevice to try and at least prolong the inevitable, but we'll have to see how long it lasts.

jw_96

96 K1500
Reaction score
Ok ok here they are. My internet is retarded right now and this forum loads super slow. I got them on at lunch today. No issues with balancing, two of them took less than 2 oz per side, and the other two took between 3 and 5, but I was expecting that considering the size. The ride home went perfectly smooth up through 60, didn't go any faster. They do rub just a tiny bit in the front when moving in reverse and wheels at an angle, but its such a tiny amount i'm sure I could do a very minor tweak and take care of it. I'm running about 25psi to compensate for the skinny rims, and it seems to work out perfectly.
You must be registered for see images attach
Your truck is badass btw. But only 25 psi why so low? Besides the skinny rims?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Biggershaft96

Cant Getrite
Reaction score
He runs 25 psi so they wear even. His rims are like 6? Or 8 wide with a 12.5 wide tire. If you air it up to 40 itll ballon it out and wear the center of the tread

jw_96

96 K1500
Reaction score
He runs 25 psi so they wear even. His rims are like 6? Or 8 wide with a 12.5 wide tire. If you air it up to 40 itll ballon it out and wear the center of the tread
Oh ok

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Christian Steffen

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I just picked up a set of Bosch #30 injectors from ebay, so a little upgrade over the stockers.

Be careful with ebay injectors, I guess there are lots of bosch copies out there that look correct but the spray patterns are all messed up and they don't flow evenly. It'd be ****** to go through all that work to install new injectors to find out they don't perform well.

Sampuppy1

Diesel nut
Reaction score
Wow your bed looks clean. I think 04+ grand prix had those same needles.
They do.
It is very clean, that's why I wanted to protect it. I'd feel bad banging it up. It had a rubber mat in it, that i'm guessing was in it most of its life so i'm sure thats why it still looks so nice. I heard about the Grand Prix needles, but those ones supposedly are red and the aztec ones being orange, I think i'd rather stick with those. I'll double check next time i'm out there.
They're the same needles. I have a bunch from Aztecs and GPs and they're the same.

Sent from a flagged XT1254
Tyler/T-Unit

88GMCtruck

I'm all 8-Luggy!
Reaction score
Auburn, Wa: From Covington, Wa: Albion, Wa: Pullma
Be careful with ebay injectors, I guess there are lots of bosch copies out there that look correct but the spray patterns are all messed up and they don't flow evenly. It'd be ****** to go through all that work to install new injectors to find out they don't perform well.
I second, third and fourth this. I went through 2 ebay sets of "remanufactured" injectors and one set of new "bosch" injectors which i unknowingly sold to a friend and they ended up being copies.....

After the trouble I have with the ebay sets I do not recommend them, ever. I personally would save the heartache and just buy new true bosch injectors from five-o-motorsports with a warranty. I've used 2 sets and a friend has another set, all work flawlessly.