'98 K2500 RCLB 454 NV4500 Daily/Hauler

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mangonesailor

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Neat project you've got going on. These trucks definitely wake up with a set of headers and no cats.

Make sure you check the fuel pressure and regap your plugs to .045".

Justin S

Truck Hoarder
Reaction score
Neat project you've got going on. These trucks definitely wake up with a set of headers and no cats.

Make sure you check the fuel pressure and regap your plugs to .045".
Thanks for the tips. I see you have a 454 with an 0411, did you notice a big difference after doing the swap? I'm not planning on doing anything radical with the engine in the near future, but was still thinking of getting the stock computer tuned, mainly to delete emission junk at least to get rid of the CEL.

Justin S

Truck Hoarder
Reaction score
I changed one of the batteries today. This has a factory appearing dual battery setup, and I noticed yesterday it was cranking a little slow. The main battery tested at 500cca, a little low, but still ok, and the aux battery was so dead it didn't even turn the tester on, and after over an hour charge it still didn't let me complete a test. I got a new battery and put it in the main spot, and moved the other to the aux spot. While running, I tested volts, and the main gets 14+, but the aux only sits at 12.5. I followed the positive wire from that battery back to the rear of the driver's fender at the solenoid, and I get 14v going into it from the other battery, along with 14v at the signal wire, but 12.5 on the other side, so obviously its not working and i'm just reading it as if its not hooked up, and that must be why the other battery was completely flat.

Aside from that, I ordered two Super 10 knockoff mufflers, an idler and a pitman, and a blower resistor. I'll figure out tailpipes later.

Justin S

Truck Hoarder
Reaction score
I got my 411 ecm for 15 bucks lol.
I could go to the local yard and grab one easily as well, but I just don't know if I want to bother going though the hassle of swapping connectors and everything with no significant gains, other than being better to handle upgrades in the far future.

Jrgunn5150

Enjoying tomorrow's success today
Reaction score
I could go to the local yard and grab one easily as well, but I just don't know if I want to bother going though the hassle of swapping connectors and everything with no significant gains, other than being better to handle upgrades in the far future.

I haven't done it yet on this truck, so I can't speak to it's effectiveness. I bet it's marginal though.

But, even if I just bought a ECM from Lexteck already tuned, I'd be into it less than a Blackbear tune.