'98 K2500 RCLB 454 NV4500 Daily/Hauler

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Justin S

Truck Hoarder
Reaction score
So I made some improvements today..... buffed the front lights and cleaned them up quite a bit. I also hacked off the muffler because it was just too damn quiet. I'm glad I did, because I found that the right side converter had a large chunk stuck nearly completely sideways. I broke that out, and holy crap is this thing loud now! I also removed the tailpipes because even though they are rust free they have a bunch of holes, and also found a spot on the muffler that was welded, no idea why, maybe removing other chunks of converter. I drove it home, and it definitely has more pep now, not just on the butt dyno, that converter must have been restricting it quite a bit. its definitely way too loud to keep it this way, but now i'm open to many possibilities.
You must be registered for see images attach

Jrgunn5150

Enjoying tomorrow's success today
Reaction score
Yep, that sounds right, except in Pigpen everything is rattling now because of it lol.

Justin S

Truck Hoarder
Reaction score
Oh, and I also realized that there is no sign of a smog pump anywhere, not even a bypass pulley, and the headers would have taken care of any of the lines for it. I also don't get any codes for one. I didnt look close enough for an open plug, but it seems to not have come with it.

Jorge6.5

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Same problem goin on with my truck. Damn cats. But yeah that sounds lik mine when I took off the muffler. I'm due for an exhaust overhaul too.