'98 K2500 RCLB 454 NV4500 Daily/Hauler

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cool_as_crap

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Nice!
I'm jealous of the headers, let me know if you don't want them anymore.:Big Laugh:
Keep it off the salt and maybe it will stay clean :Big Laugh:

Does it have an air pump for CA emissions?

Justin S

Truck Hoarder
Reaction score
Nice!
I'm jealous of the headers, let me know if you don't want them anymore.:Big Laugh:
Keep it off the salt and maybe it will stay clean :Big Laugh:
Does it have an air pump for CA emissions?
Headers are staying put! I think it has an air pump, didn't look that close yet, but if it does, that Will be one of the things deleted with a computer tune.

Justin S

Truck Hoarder
Reaction score
Drove it to work on Thursday, with no issues. I will say I figured the big block would have a little more pep, but thats always fixable. I think louder exhaust should increase power on the butt dyno at least. The only thing I think I need to put attention into in the near future is a blower resistor, and something in the steering. the PO told me he thought it was the gearbox, but I haven't looked into it yet, but the steering is quite vague. My 89 has better steering! All I did at work was give it a wash, i'll look into the other stuff next week.
You must be registered for see images attach
You must be registered for see images attach

Justin S

Truck Hoarder
Reaction score
So I just added up all of the receipts from the shop the original owner took it to. Between 8/8/05 with 116557 miles and 3/26/15 with 185254 miles, just over $20794 was spent on this truck, and that doesn't even include the replacement engine!! Some of this includes a fuel pump, alignment, tires, door speakers, power steering hose, hydrobooster, rear bumper and all trim, ps pump, batteries, belt, door latches, full a/c system replacement, brakes, clutch set, various engine gaskets and sensors, tune up parts, plus more all in the last 60k. Man am I glad I can do work myself!!

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Sweet ride man. I dig the 8 lug factory steelies with the black paint. Looks awesome.

65nightmare

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I wish my 454 truck had a nv4500 I know that the auto really takes away a lot of torque when pulling my trailer.

Jrgunn5150

Enjoying tomorrow's success today
Reaction score
It's a 98 like Pigpen so it has the EVO steering, with could likely be the cause of the vague steering.