97 Yukon 2dr 6.0 Swap phase 1

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Swackhamer

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ok today 4/15 I test fitted the LS with Some minor setbacks. The mount adapters I made are not offset enough. I built 1" offset it looks like I need 2" + another 1/2" to make up with slotting the crossmember holes. The pressure Transducer or whatever it is on the 5.7 power steering pump I'm not sure what Im going to do, (I'm not sure if it is supported by the 411 or what it ties into yet). besides the damn donut on the collumn.
I plan on going to Hydroboost in phase II and wanted to use the New pump.
I finished up the day by priming the frame rails and rad support. And spraying some Kroil on the front brake line fittings, (the originals are pretty scaley and they look pretty easy to get to now). The new stainless ones arrived on Friday.
You must be registered for see images attach

Swackhamer

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
UPDATE 4/24/12
I started the wirnig 0411 Swap today, I have about 3 solid hours into it and it looks to be about 75% done. Thanks Lextech for all the info!!
I just hope I did it correctly and it works! The worst part is the Pinks & Blacks with all of the original splices burried in the looms (Why the hell would you do that??). I think I may have to extend some of the wires to get them run like I want, That should be easy once the engine is back in.

Last edited:

Swackhamer

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Now that looks better (another 3 hours into it) Hopefully my new engine frame mounts come in today! I'm dead in the water till then.

olblue97

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Do you have the short or long crank 6.0?What are you having to do to mate it up with your 4L60?

Swackhamer

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Making some head way! Final fitting of the LQ4, Pluging in the wiring (some length issues) and some minor trimming & dimpling to fit the headers.

97_chevy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
o yeah this is going to be killer i want a 6.0 in my truck now but i just might booooooossssttttttt my 5.3 looks good man keep up the good work LSX FTW

Swackhamer

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Do you have the short or long crank 6.0?What are you having to do to mate it up with your 4L60?
Long or Short I'm not sure, My LQ4 is an 05 that I'm sure of. All I had to do to couple it to the 4L60 is get a flexplate & crank bushing from Advanced Adapters # 712500A