97 Yukon 2dr 6.0 Swap phase 1

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Swackhamer

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

I had to make some minor mods to fit the 05 electric fans. Basicly trim the top edge and top corners to clear the oem radiator brackets & Route the power cable. the bottom lip slid right into the radiator support.

Swackhamer

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score

Fabricated the throttle cable bracket from the oem bracket. The curise cable wont clear the breather line witout re routing or extending the line.

Swackhamer

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
OH YEA Finished exhaust Sunday night. 3" 304 SS. Hit the key and it kicked right off!! Only 1 code Po342 cam ps sensor A circuit low input B1
Maby bad sensor or I wired it wrong.

Swackhamer

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
All hooked up just need to tidy everything up. switchd the 12V and ref wires on the cmp sensor but same code came up. Maby the sensor is bad,or the relearn may help. It starts hard unless I crack the throttle a bit.

Swackhamer

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
So far I still have the CMP code and some hard starting. I will try swaping the sensor out this week. Overall in my book this swap was quite easy, merging the two Wiring harnesses was not bad. I would definatley do this again. I overshot my budget a bit but the extra stuff the Yukon needed It just made sence to do it now.

Wagonbacker9

One string banjo. Maybe 2
Reaction score
Great info. I'm in the preliminary stages of 5.3 swapping my 93 myself. Planning on doing it on a $1500 budget, and leaving some wiggle room in there for some upgrades (possibly a stall and a cam). I have a few tricks up my sleeve to chop down the budget, for those who think that its impossible to do it that cheap. Also, that budget is NOT counting what I hope to recoup selling the 5.7 and the trans thats coming out. I absolutely LOVE how popular these swaps are getting.