How to LS Swap a GMT400 (or any other vehicle)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SmittySS

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
where are the images?
I was wondering the same thing... didn't know if it was my computer or not...
Looks like a good write-up, will probably reference it often, but it would be nice to see the pics that go with it. Are they to be found anywhere else?
Thanks.
Smitty

run96k3500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
It would be great if any of the pictures worked. Since it is a Sticky and all.

mater86

Reaction score
yea visual would help but this helps me a lot at least now I kind of see what I will run into. Now just to find a motor harness and computer this winter. So ready to have this running in mine.

Hawkeye78

Reaction score
Very nice review. For some reason, I am unable to view any of the images, but regardless, very thorough write up. I am looking to undertake this conversion, minus the supercharger. I have a 1995 k1500 5.7L. Is there a specific year of LS6, that I should be targeting for the swap?

frank matis

Reaction score
i am looking to swap my 94 5.7 tbi in a couple days. i will be getting a 5.3 with hopefully a 4l80e and ecu with harness. i am wanting to know what wires i wont need on the wire harness

ovrebo1

Reaction score
Does anyone know if there are any cheap eBay longtubes that will work with this swap?

I see other people say that they use the sconfield swap headers, but I'm on a really tight budget. I have a 6.0 in my 97 2wd, but the long tubes I got with the motor hit the frame. They are stainless ebay headers, most likely for a truck.

Would G-body longtubes fit?