97 Yukon 2dr 6.0 Swap phase 1

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Swackhamer

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Oh yea everything was great but the oil kept turning Black, in 950 miles it ate the main bearings. The ****** is that the salvage yard refused to hold up the warrentee. "we have no way to tell if you did somthing to it" was there half assed excuse. Been sitting since July.
With a .064 thrust clearance, it looked like the front of the crank took a hit & didnot shut down in the wreck the engine came out of.

I am starting a 408 stroker build for it. I hope to have it back on the road this spring.

Last edited:

DRAGGIN95

Warranty Killer!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Oh yea everything was great but the oil kept turning Black, in 950 miles it ate the main bearings. The ****** is that the salvage yard refused to hold up the warrentee. "we have no way to tell if you did somthing to it" was there half assed excuse. Been sitting since July.
With a .064 thrust clearance, it looked like the front of the crank took a hit & didnot shut down in the wreck the engine came out of.

I am starting a 408 stroker build for it. I hope to have it back on the road this spring.

You and I are in the same boat, I hate to hear that that though!

Swackhamer

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
You and I are in the same boat, I hate to hear that that though!

Thanks, Realy I wanted to do a stroker anyway. It just realy cranks me up that I payed more than I wanted for a "good low millage" LQ4 with a warentee and ended up with a POS that they bassicly told me F U. And so Phase II of my project begins in reverse order.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jake rogers