96 centurion 2500 turbo diesel 4x4 standerd bed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nickthehick78

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
okay, so tonight i replaced the motor and tranny mounts with energy suspension poly mounts..... just backed out of garage and it shakes bad, you can hear it vibrate at idle bad. ill have to get under it tomorrow and see if i can find any problems. anyone out there have a diesel with poly mounts:? does it shake bad? i read a lot of guys with them on diesels cant really tell the diff, mine is making noise it vibes so bad....

nickthehick78

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
motor must have had to settle, next day went out and started and sounds fine, dont shake much at all. on to the lift kit, front axle is sitting next to truck this morning...

tanman_2006

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
My 95 does have poly motor mounts, I can feel the engine torque more but not any vibrations.

Looking foward to the lift.

highspeed

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Those seats look comfy.

Maybe update the paint job alittle. That truck looks like the Cadillac of 2500's

nickthehick78

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
haha i thought it was a wicked old man paint job when i first saw it. then its grew on me, then one day i came out of the gas station and saw 4 new trucks out there and they are all cookie cutter and looked at mine and now i love my paint. i cant beleve the looks i get in this truck, almost as many as i get in my 67. i figured its a nice truck but just a truck, i have guys in brand new trucks almost braking there neck looking at it. haha. should be a looker with the lift. oh the lift is going well. tuff country, figured it was cheap crap, im inpressed with the brackets, heavy, great welds, nice powder coat. got more than i thought with the kit. but....gotta cut alot of stuff, never fun cutting frame stuff or the meatball, but hell, why would anyone go back to stock? its christmas (merry christmas everyone), so im getting dragged outta the garage for a few hours in the middle of a lift! ill post pics when im done.

nickthehick78

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
lift is half done. waiting on more parts i was shorted from kit. the upper control arm brackets wont sit flush. bolt was too long to go through frame. kinda a pain in the butt kit. starting to wish i got a better kit. figure $1500 would get a bolt on kit. knew i had to cut stuff but this was crazy. pretty sure a yuppie with a truck would never be able to put a tuff country lift on their truck....and the realift relocators still arent here 7 days after ordering......waiting on parts!!!

nickthehick78

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
so who knows where i can find a set of military 36 or 37" tires for a good price? people in ct are asking crazy money for them...

nickthehick78

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
haha, i know, i know. been freezing my butt off fixing small stuff on the truck, it wont fit in my garage anymore!, been trying to get the exhaust crossover bolt out so i can put driveshaft back in before the storm coming to CT...started snowing lastnight, getting 12" and i have a lifted truck with no 4x4! it looks really funny lifted on stock rims and tires. oh and i have to get it allined still. the cams for the upper control arms that came in the kit were carbon steel. the alinement shop turned one time and stripped the cam out. i had to go get new oem cams, but they were too wide to fit in new mounts. crappy tuff country kit! i mashed them in. its been an intresting kit, i would not recommend tuff country....

nickthehick78

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
oh yea, the realift never came after 12 days. so i called and canceled. not happy about that. waited then said heck with it and finished lift. ill but them in the summer....did not know tuff country has rods that come off bottom sub frame and go to tranny crossmember. they follow the torson bars, kinda stupid to pay 300 bucks to hid bars and have the same bars right behind it!