96 centurion 2500 turbo diesel 4x4 standerd bed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sparky24

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Actually the brake line comes like that from the factory with three unions in it, i have no idea why.

Check out my thread i basically did exactly what you are doing, it is a lot of work but the end result is satisfying good job

nickthehick78

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
wow that is kinda stupid. i guess it makes it easy to fix when rotted. i saw your thread, it looks like i typed it! haha did the same thing! pretty cool. crappy job but worth it.
i got the bed done, then welded small rust on body and color matched it. flipped bed alone, super heavy now, and put on the truck lastnight. laying under truck is so nice now you dont want to crawl out from under it. its getting there....ill post pics later. working on it now. that lift kit is calling me! almost done with all the repairs, cant wait to start doing fun stuff to it....

nickthehick78

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
heres some more pics...
painted more of the frame,
You must be registered for see images attach

on to body mounts....

nickthehick78

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
so i see my body mounts need to be welded, i just ordered new mounts for the whole truck. my front mount brackets are bolted to frame, anyone know where i can get the bracket? got a part number? or am i welding them up? also, my soot trap (cat) touches my floor, as does the transfercase....the body mounts were only sunk in a tiny bit, im sure fixing them will pull me up. how close is yours?
here is where is gets fun, the guy told me the aluminum connector between the tranny and t-case cracked or leaked, so he replaced with a steel one.....are they the same? the tranny mount has a nut between the mount and the tranny, so my idea is he had sholdered bolts and was filling the gap, its suppost to have a spacer he lost, or the radatior mount was so bad the fan hit shroud, so he lifted tranny with bolts to stop fan from hitting....what do you think? i have nothing to go off of and google sucks for some stuff on this truck.

nickthehick78

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
so i welded up the body mount brackets. installed an energy poly body mount kit. went to do front and big suprise, rust and rot! cut the brackets out and made new ones and welded them on. was going to weld rad support but found new one for an okay price so waiting till tomrrow to get it. then i gotta put it back together. truck feels way more sturdy and the soot trap and tranfercase dont hit! will be nice without that humming from the floor. ill post more pics soon....

nickthehick78

I'm Awesome
Reaction score

nickthehick78

I'm Awesome
Reaction score

nickthehick78

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
its getting there! what a pain! figure i can hit all the parts i cant hit with a brush with spray paint for now and really get in there when i take it apart to lift it.

Sampuppy1

Diesel nut
Reaction score
Top to bottom front to back resto! I love it! I'm planning one for my ecsb when I get my own place with a barn and a second vehicle.

Sent from what is likely a government flagged smartphone. Tyler/T-Unit

nickthehick78

I'm Awesome
Reaction score

thanks! its getting there. almost back together! just painted all the bumper brackets and tried to polish the chrome. little rough looking but i figure if it bothers me ill change it down the road, after the winter. can not wait to have it back, i have been driving my 67 skylark with a 455 in it and its killing me on gas! truck sits an inch higher in front now that it has body mounts not going through the frame, and the rear is up higher too with new shackles and hangers. i even got the bed and cab pin striped to line back up! i was worried i might not have measured the rotted old parts right, but they lined right up!