96 centurion 2500 turbo diesel 4x4 standerd bed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nickthehick78

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
mounted roof light from the conversion van, pulled back down to wire and it has 2 neon tubes on the bright side, one only lights up half way, needs an ignitor, already got white led strips, so cut to size and mounting them where the neon was....need wire and loom tomorrow. also installed one side of the bed green led lights under bed rail and wired to toggle switch under junction box i installed....can reach from outside and weatherproof. should be cool tailgating or just trying to see. i hooked it up so i can work on the rest back there without a flashlight, since im doing it after work every night....and freezing....man texas is calling me, i gotta get out of here asap....

nickthehick78

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
been working on cap lights....still more to do but got some pics to give you an idea of how its coming.....
this it the bed lights, only got one side done, they are more green in person....will have on both sides....just hooked up so i did not need a flashlight while working....
You must be registered for see images attach

the wood light thing i got out of the conversion van had neon lights and one only lit up half way....and it was kinda dim, more a mood light, so i installed led strips in its place....you can see the channels i cut in the center for the wires to run through...hard wood, very hard to work with!

still wiring it up...this is just the white leds on....

white leds and the inside mood lights on....

looks 3d....

just the mood lights...

just the white and one side of green leds on....

shes coming along.....almost done. wired it all and put in loom....then forgot i need 2 more wires for rear defrost so gotta wire that and install the defroster this weekend...

nickthehick78

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
looking for a bed mat now....looks like deezee it the only brand with on for my truck....anyone know what other 8' bed liners will fit our trucks? thinking of getting a bed rug....anyone try them or seen in person? kills my knees crawling around back there....they have a cut to fit bed rug for $100....wondering if i got a dodge or ford 8' bed one would be better fit and could trim one of them.....and how is the deeze rubber mat on your knees? i remember them being better but still pretty hard and got super hot with no cap and sun beating down on them.....

BoxerPitMix

Chris
Reaction score
That looks badass!
I had a topper for my old S10 years ago I got for free. I insulated it, installed a "fantastic fan" in the top along with a bunch of lights and used it for camping.
The conversion van lighting is a great idea

Sampuppy1

Diesel nut
Reaction score
You'll like that bed rug I think. The pre fit ones are always better but if it's an actual bed rug product you'll be happy with it I think.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

88GMCtruck

I'm all 8-Luggy!
Reaction score
Auburn, Wa: From Covington, Wa: Albion, Wa: Pullma
You can use two stall mats. They are pretty thick. I think they are 4'x6'

That is what I did in my dually. They are way more durable, and actually protect the sheetmetal from dents on the floor. And IMO it has more of a softer cush feel.