96 centurion 2500 turbo diesel 4x4 standerd bed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nickthehick78

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I may ask for more detailed pics. Hell I might see if I can't make a set of stock mirrors work this way. Keep my tonneau cover and still have CB whips!

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
yeah. welding up the pass side now...will try to get better pics.

side note....for the broken mirror tabs....its $180 for a new set of mirrors that gotta come apart and risk breaking again, so im thinking of getting some abs plastic weld and just make sure everything good with wiring and "glue" them on....if it works its fixed, if not no harm, and if they break in a year or get smashed or whatever going to need to get new ones anyways....so think im going to try it. ill have tons of spare parts if i need to get new ones. haha.
only down side is cant take apart again.....

so, the big question.....keep the chrome or color match to my truck?
then do i do green, silver or top green and bottom silver? humm.
i think cap came out good but i always think i have a green truck....always forget there is a ton of silver and now that caps on kinda looks out of place with paint job. thinking of pin striping with grey and silver, or dont wanna do all the work again ....but pull back off and paint some silver in the side of it.
what you guys think? i think it kinda looks like a green blob on back and needs to be broke up. silver on truck really made it too much green in one area to me.

nickthehick78

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I may ask for more detailed pics. Hell I might see if I can't make a set of stock mirrors work this way. Keep my tonneau cover and still have CB whips!

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

better pics...
You must be registered for see images attach

dont forget to pull this bolt before drilling!

this is why i welded little bottom part back on...need to align cap.

trimmed plastic so it would sit flat

drop marker down hole to get right spot, should be right up against line....

drill pin hole from bottom the big hole from top so the line on inside wont push bit and not be straight

i made the hole very tight to the stud to try to keep water and crap out...it will get in and prob wont be a problem but looks better.

nickthehick78

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
:grd:finished...other than fixing mirror clips.:shooter: this is a firestick antenna, so very thick, im going to get smaller antennas at work tomorrow.

nickthehick78

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
well i went out and got 3m plastic adhesive and jb weld plastic weld....cut a few chunks of abs plastic and tested both....to my surprise the 3m sucked! did not work. the jo weld held up good after an hour i pulled the two chunks apart and they did not move. i pulled as hard as i can and felt a little flex but did not come apart.....so i sanded the spring tabs that hold the mirror lock tabs tight and put the jb all around mirror mount......got old mirrors holding pressure on them....another 30 min till i know if it worked or not...i might just let it be and hope for the best tomorrow. if it holds im good to go and installing mirrors, if not im ordering another set......

nickthehick78

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
the jb plastic weld held as far as i can tell. pushed the mirror around and nothing broke....think im good. drilling out the base to clear the cb wire and drilling door so wires dont get crushed when i bolt base up and going to try to get installed tonight.....then the fun job of wiring and finding power for everything....

nickthehick78

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
got mirrors on, made harness for all the power stuff and ran all that wire too. hooked up cb antenna, works great now! just gotta find power for everything and connect wires. mirrors look cool. big, will take alittle getting use to for looks.
olny thing i dont like is when i shut door i hear rattle, the reverse lights are a tiny bit loose and can move, that sucks....dont know if from me or if all mirrors do that. tiny mirror shake with me shaking that huge cb antenna pretty hard. smaller lighter antennas will help but have not drove it yet..
oh and i think one mirror is higher than the other....how i managed that i dont know. very dark out and veryyyyy cold so will check in the light tomorrow...

dcp1992

Instagram - @dcp1992
Reaction score
olny thing i dont like is when i shut door i hear rattle, the reverse lights are a tiny bit loose and can move, that sucks

Mine are the same way. When they put the chrome reflector into the lense/housing and glued the PCB with the LEDs on them the fit wasn't tight so the chrome reflector moves between the PCB and the front of the lense. I'm pretty annoyed also with that because I can see it as being something you hear while driving down the road, but I suppose you'd get used to it. Only time will tell.

I do like the way you mounted your CB antenna though. If I didn't have a 102" whip mounted on my rear bumper I'd probably do that also. Only thing that would concern me would be if it was getting sufficient ground to keep the SWR down.

nickthehick78

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Mine are the same way. When they put the chrome reflector into the lense/housing and glued the PCB with the LEDs on them the fit wasn't tight so the chrome reflector moves between the PCB and the front of the lense. I'm pretty annoyed also with that because I can see it as being something you hear while driving down the road, but I suppose you'd get used to it. Only time will tell.

I do like the way you mounted your CB antenna though. If I didn't have a 102" whip mounted on my rear bumper I'd probably do that also. Only thing that would concern me would be if it was getting sufficient ground to keep the SWR down.
good call....i have not tuned a cb in like 10 years....ill tee the ground into the mirror bracket when i am done.....