$2000 1996 K1500 Rock Crawler

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Justin S

Truck Hoarder
Reaction score
Wired in the plow wiring, so now all I need to do is pop the plow on and plug it in and i'm good to go!
You must be registered for see images attach

So I was peeking underneath the truck, and noticed that the two wires for the 4wd actuator were cut and just dangling. I thought this was a little strange since last time I checked the 4 wheel seemed to work just fine, so I tested again today, and sure enough, works fine. Even better, when in 4 wheel, all 4 wheels move. Obviously the rear gears are welded, but I expected one of the fronts to just be along for the ride like my old truck, but I guess not. It still goes back into 2wd fine too, so i'll just leave that mystery alone.

Biggershaft96

Cant Getrite
Reaction score
Idk why but i miss having a vehicle that didnt matter. I used to beat the bag off my bronco and it loved it lol

Jrgunn5150

Enjoying tomorrow's success today
Reaction score
Idk why but i miss having a vehicle that didnt matter. I used to beat the bag off my bronco and it loved it lol

#trucklivesmatter

This is why I only focus on the mechanical of Pigpen lol. I loaded some plywood in it earlier, jammed a corner into the side of the bed, oh well lol.

Justin S

Truck Hoarder
Reaction score
Yeah, my 2500 is the first truck I've really cared about, twice already i've been in a situation where i've seen someone park next to it and open a door very close to it, and I watched like a hawk making sure nothing happened, meanwhile at my last bonfire I told my friend to see how bad he could kick in one spot of the bed on this one just for the hell of it

Biggershaft96

Cant Getrite
Reaction score
Yeah, my 2500 is the first truck I've really cared about, twice already i've been in a situation where i've seen someone park next to it and open a door very close to it, and I watched like a hawk making sure nothing happened, meanwhile at my last bonfire I told my friend to see how bad he could kick in one spot of the bed on this one just for the hell of it
I feel you lol, my g6 is the most expensive thing ive ever bought and for the longest time i wouldnt touch it because i was afraid to break or scratch it. After owning it about a year and a half ive figured out its pretty dam stout, but still find myself parking in the back rows whenever i take it somewhere.

Justin S

Truck Hoarder
Reaction score
Got my plow hooked up yesterday, figured might as well since that's the only thing I'll be using it for all winter. Also brought home some window etch from my work to experiment with, to see how a custom decal would turn out. Didn't work as good as I thought it would. Usually at work we just etch numbers into the glass, and it works instantly. I crudely/drunkenly taped a bowtie in the side window and loaded it up between the tape, and it for whatever reason took a long time for it to work, and it left it kind of patchy. Might work in smaller form better, and if I let it sit longer. Either way, good to test it out on a truck I give no f*cks about!