P1345 code assist. Questions. 1996 GMC K1500

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Road Trip

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
since the mechanic is my wife's uncle I told him the good news. He was surprised just as much as me.
Height makes since. This intake it from a lower mileage engine. Since the original has 529k miles on it. Could be slightly thicker? I figured now a good time to change it when I did the valve adjustment.
The theory certainly makes sense.

No kidding? Not only was the manifold disturbed, but it's a different one to boot?
(I have to apologize, I'm relatively new here, and I'm hitting this cold -- I've yet to
read about your 383 build.)

So yeah, different intakes can certainly vary in height, even back where the dizzy is
stuffed.

Just make sure to tell your wife's uncle that when it comes to engines, everything
affects everthing else. This stuff can get all knotted up in a big hurry. :0)

Now that the dust has settled I'll have to find your 383 thread and come up to speed.
(I enjoy the build threads in here a lot.)

:waytogo:

Last edited:

SUBURBAN5

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
No kidding? Not only was the manifold disturbed, but it's a different one to boot?
(I have to apologize, I'm relatively new here, and I'm hitting this cold -- I've yet to
read about your 383 build.)

So yeah, different intakes can certainly vary in height, even back where the dizzy is
stuffed.

Just make sure to tell your wife's uncle that when it comes to engines, everything
affects everthing else. This stuff gets all knotted up in a big hurry. :0)

Now that the dust has settled I'll have to find your 383 thread and come up to speed.
(I enjoy the build threads in here a lot.)

:waytogo:
No problem
The motor is actually a crate from gm
HT383E it was mentioned slightly in Suburban down thread. Along with other random things that happened to me that year.