$2000 1996 K1500 Rock Crawler

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Justin S

Truck Hoarder
Reaction score
Just kidding.... Here's my newest addition, a 1996 K1500 ECSB Vortec 4.3, NV3500, 3.73s. Out of the 12 or so of these trucks i've owned, this is my first extended cab. Picked it up as seen for $300, It was previously used in a Bog n Grog event, and the owner was just looking to sell it instead of having it sit around. Supposedly has a newer clutch kit, but who knows, it feels fine. 164k, it actually runs and drives pretty well, and 4x4 works. Also has a welded rear diff. All i'm going to use it for is plowing my yard, and who knows, maybe a mudding event if I feel like it. I just ordered a front hitch mount so I can use the plow I had on my old 01, and a 52"light bar for the roof so I can see at night. There are a couple things that could use some minor tinkering, but overall it should do great for what I want it for. Today I hosed off a little of the mud underneath so I don't have to fight through it to mount the hitch, and also sprayed the interior out with the hose since it was full of mud.

You must be registered for see images attach

white97

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well good thing it wasn't 2 grand because I saw the Facebook post and was like no way he paid that much this has got to be a joke. Well I guess it was. Just read the chat thread a few minutes ago and saw your post and yeah that was a good choice I looked at what people were saying and it was pretty funny.

Jrgunn5150

Enjoying tomorrow's success today
Reaction score
Cut a hole in the bed and run two telephone wires from the fuel pump to the battery, with a convenient splice in the cab you can twist together to go, and you'd have my brother's truck.

Edit, I take it back, your's is way nicer.

Justin S

Truck Hoarder
Reaction score
Cut a hole in the bed and run two telephone wires from the fuel pump to the battery, with a convenient splice in the cab you can twist together to go, and you'd have my brother's truck.

Edit, I take it back, your's is way nicer.
My last plow truck was run off of a 5 gallon bucket with the stock fuel pump and sending unit mounted in it, bungee strapped in the bed. I had to keep a plastic bag over it so it wouldn't fill with water

Jrgunn5150

Enjoying tomorrow's success today
Reaction score
My last plow truck was run off of a 5 gallon bucket with the stock fuel pump and sending unit mounted in it, bungee strapped in the bed. I had to keep a plastic bag over it so it wouldn't fill with water

If only his were a plow/yard truck lol.

Justin S

Truck Hoarder
Reaction score
Got the front hooks out with relatively no fuss, and the front hitch showed up in the mail today so i'll probably pop that on later this evening.