1996 CC K3500 dually “working classic”

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sean Buick 76

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Waiting on parts to get to work on the truck. Meantime been working on the bed. I Drew up a quick sketch to kind of get an idea of how I want the bed layout will be. Fenders are in Rest of the Steel supposed to be here this week.

You must be registered for see images attach

I ended up giving 5k for it, he wouldn’t budge anymore. Oh yea I love the srw trucks but the beefy stance on the dually definitely has appeal haha.

Both, me and my dad run our business and we have newer ram diesels for work but I do a lot of buying and selling project cars to fund my projects and I need a service truck with a full tool setup for working on stuff in the field and doing off work hauling. Also high likelihood I’ll daily drive it because it’s just cool as hell to me haha
That’s cool!!!

CarolinaOBS

ZIP TIES AND PB BLASTER
Reaction score
Spent the past weekend torching all the crappy sheeting and fenders off the flatbed. Been working on fully welding the deck supports that are there, a large number of supports are going to get cut out and boxed around for the drop in boxes and well and more cross supports added for deck rigidity.

Steel finally was delivered at local shop and I got to go pick it up. That means this weekend the rebuild begins .

Have a 98. You will probably have some trouble sourcing front suspension parts. I ended up with energy suspension.

For sure. I’ve always used energy suspension and Detroit axle parts for mine. They seem to have the stuff just takes a little while longer to get it. After crawling under the truck the other day looks like all the ball joints and tie rod ends have already been done. Score!

CarolinaOBS

ZIP TIES AND PB BLASTER
Reaction score
Progress on the flatbed build. Still waiting on my trans rebuild kit from Jake’s performance….. Ended up totally redoing the deck supports, originals were junk. The bed is bolted to the chassis now and Tacked in place. All that’s left is box frames a lot of cleanup and final welding and it will be ready to start fitting fenders, lighting, and decking.

Pondering adding a square tube bumper on the rear but I haven’t decided. I already have to make a custom receiver hitch.

CarolinaOBS

ZIP TIES AND PB BLASTER
Reaction score
Started tearing into the trans today after the rebuild kit finally came in.

Needless to say this one got cooked. All the clutches came out paper thin and brittle, all the steels are scored. As a bonus the reverse servo spring came out in pieces. Like always can’t be simple haha.