K3500 chassis cab tires?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Scruffy

Reaction score
I have a finished by Bennet Industries 99 K3500 flatbed. Their label specs it for LT215/85r15 at 65psi for every tire. Truck is currently wearing a mix of Michelin and Mastercraft LT265/75r16 HTs.
I plan to split the difference and run LT235/85r16 ATs all around. Inner duals are stock steels, outers and fronts are Eagle alloys.
I need tires that can handle Memphis area heat, cold, flooding, snow/ice storms. And still tote a gooseneck 16’ cattle trailer around muddy pastures. Truck has a 350, NV4500, BW t-case and 4.10 gears.
2nd GMT400, 1st K3500, last was a 92 ecsb K1500.
Open to suggestions from others that use them as working trucks, and thanks in advance.

b454rat

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
235/85s will work, really depends what you wanna run. Lots of options out there. Tirerack seems to have decent selections with some reviews. You pay for the name but BFG n Grabbers are good all around...

MILLCMACK

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I’ve done coopers for the last two sets of off- the- road-work tires and very happy with them. the transforce at are my choice for AT work/towing. I have those on my k3500 but I wouldn’t fully trust those in a muddy field.

Scruffy

Reaction score
Drove it home from the town job last night, in a snow “event”, in 2wd. Why 2wd you ask? Because the actuator, well, does not actuate anything. It did fine on the HTs, but spins out on wet pasture grass.
Guess I’ll be perma-locking the front axle. Would rather have a little extra wear and fuel usage than rely on a central axle disconnect to actually do its job. Both of my K series have this issue, they either come unplugged, tear wiring loose or moisture short.
Over all though, pretty pleased with the truck. Has a fairly noticable oil leak that should be an easy fix (cooler line looks damaged), but everything else is like new. Come spring I will repaint and rebush the chassis, try and get another 134,00 miles out of it.