BNielsen's 2000 Chevy K3500

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PolarBear

BORKBORKBORKBORK
Reaction score
Normally I'm good about keeping registration up, but what with my dog needing surgery and me not really driving the crew at the time it took a backseat.
I'm sure the tag office is going yo enjoy a late fee on top of what I owe

You're good, dude! This wasn't pointed towards you. The other dude's suggesting to drive around on expired / no plates are wild, though.

termite

Definitely NOT Awesome
Reaction score
All cool! I get it though; you see all these other people driving legitimate derelict garbage and it makes a law-abiding citizen wonder what the point is sometimes
^ This 100% I see so many vehicles with obvious safety issues and the shop I use told me they'd have to fail the suburban for a quarter size rust hole in the rear quarter panel.

BNielsen

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
^ This 100% I see so many vehicles with obvious safety issues and the shop I use told me they'd have to fail the suburban for a quarter size rust hole in the rear quarter panel.
That's about the same situation I had a couple years; I had only owned the red truck for about 2 years at that point and it was right after I swapped LEDs in my cablights, I go to get an inspection done and I get failed because I have a "non-functional necessary marker light"
Okay whatever, I guess I get it, if it's got all the lights they need to be working.
As I'm in the parking lot of the garage trying to figure out what's wrong a 2nd generation Toyota 4Runner pulls in. No bumper or grill, no hood, bald tires (like to the point I could see wires on the inside) no backhatch, and the most crystal-methodist driver.
In and out in 5 minutes with a passing inspection.
I managed to figure out one of the wires rubbed through and caused the light to go out, got it taped up and working and got it inspected again.

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
That's about the same situation I had a couple years; I had only owned the red truck for about 2 years at that point and it was right after I swapped LEDs in my cablights, I go to get an inspection done and I get failed because I have a "non-functional necessary marker light"
Okay whatever, I guess I get it, if it's got all the lights they need to be working.
As I'm in the parking lot of the garage trying to figure out what's wrong a 2nd generation Toyota 4Runner pulls in. No bumper or grill, no hood, bald tires (like to the point I could see wires on the inside) no backhatch, and the most crystal-methodist driver.
In and out in 5 minutes with a passing inspection.
I managed to figure out one of the wires rubbed through and caused the light to go out, got it taped up and working and got it inspected again.
Inspection dude taking payoffs. Probably got slipped a $50, or a little baggie of........

Richard

BNielsen

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Blew the cobwebs out of it, it's been sitting for a bit. Dumped all the garbage out of the bed, probably going to try and get the beds swapped this week if time allows. I want to at least pull the trashed bed and work on getting all the extra brackets and the 5th wheel plate cut off, get the frame wire wheeled and painted, and get the B&W installed so it may happen in stages.
You must be registered for see images attach

CarolinaOBS

ZIP TIES AND PB BLASTER
Reaction score
Blew the cobwebs out of it, it's been sitting for a bit. Dumped all the garbage out of the bed, probably going to try and get the beds swapped this week if time allows. I want to at least pull the trashed bed and work on getting all the extra brackets and the 5th wheel plate cut off, get the frame wire wheeled and painted, and get the B&W installed so it may happen in stages.
You must be registered for see images attach

Flatbed right? Haha

That’s a sweet rig. Your best friend cleaning that frame up is going to be a nylon bristle cup wheel, they have them at harbor freight. Don’t throw little needles like the wire wheels do.

BNielsen

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Flatbed right? Haha

That’s a sweet rig. Your best friend cleaning that frame up is going to be a nylon bristle cup wheel, they have them at harbor freight. Don’t throw little needles like the wire wheels do.
I must admit, I tossed around the idea of a SRW flatbed, a service bed, hell even turning it into a dually flatbed or a dually pickup; but I managed to score a decent bed that's the same color from a fellow forum member to replace this one, it's beat and full of bondo

I was looking at those cup wheels the other day, I had an incident at work using a wire cup wheel that resulted in me pulling a few needles out of my arms, so I was trying to find a better way to get this frame cleaned.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
I must admit, I tossed around the idea of a SRW flatbed, a service bed, hell even turning it into a dually flatbed or a dually pickup; but I managed to score a decent bed that's the same color from a fellow forum member to replace this one, it's beat and full of bondo

I was looking at those cup wheels the other day, I had an incident at work using a wire cup wheel that resulted in me pulling a few needles out of my arms, so I was trying to find a better way to get this frame cleaned.

Pff, that's all part of the game. I had the grinder get away from me with a knotted cup brush, wasn't very pleasant. But if you want to get after some rust with hatred and prejudice there is no better way that I've found.