BNielsen's 2000 Chevy K3500

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Full disclosure: every car I owned rode dirty for an entire year when MI decided to be difficult and change up their rules. I live in CO, so can't just run down to the DMV and fix it. Best part? Next year rolled around and I re-upped and never got dinged for the year I skipped!

BNielsen

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So NC still has vehicle inspections? We in Texas won't have them after this year. Unless you have something 24 years or younger, that will still need emissions inspection in the more populated counties. Urban areas and suburbs. Those are $40+, the standard safety inspection is $7.
NC does still require inspections, vehicles over 15-20 years old don't require emissions inspections, just a safety.
There's also a GVWR exemption, anything above 8600 GVWR is only required to have a safety; so it's a double whammy for both trucks being exempt for emissions.

I still don't get why they require inspections, half the vehicles running around here obviously failed but you still see ratty, unsafe cars cruising around going 15 over or just being a general nuisance

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
NC does still require inspections, vehicles over 15-20 years old don't require emissions inspections, just a safety.
There's also a GVWR exemption, anything above 8600 GVWR is only required to have a safety; so it's a double whammy for both trucks being exempt for emissions.

I still don't get why they require inspections, half the vehicles running around here obviously failed but you still see ratty, unsafe cars cruising around going 15 over or just being a general nuisance

15 over, I was doing 15 over recently and got cut off by a passing driver and it reminded me of a conversation with a prior coworker. He was once doing 15 over and got passed with aggression and hatred. His immediate inner voice reaction was "oh, I'm sorry 15 over wasn't good enough for you". It's not like we're not doing our due diligence here.

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Y'all are killing me. For the past whole year, I've had legit registration and insurance on a vehicle I haven't even driven 250 miles yet (since buying it and driving it home.) When the registration renewal showed up in the mail it was almost literally a SMH moment.

It's a trauma response from having been a ticket collector in the past. Seemed like everywhere I went I had the cops in the trunk with me.

Richard

PolarBear

BORKBORKBORKBORK
Reaction score
Y'all are killing me. For the past whole year, I've had legit registration and insurance on a vehicle I haven't even driven 250 miles yet (since buying it and driving it home.) When the registration renewal showed up in the mail it was almost literally a SMH moment.

It's a trauma response from having been a ticket collector in the past. Seemed like everywhere I went I had the cops in the trunk with me.

Richard
No ****, even the 88 GMC i'm building right now, that's never seen the road in my possession, is registered and insured.

I think it's a badge of honor, stepping into adult-hood, by keeping everything registered and insured that can be used on the road. :rofl:

BNielsen

I'm Awesome
Reaction score

Richard
No ****, even the 88 GMC i'm building right now, that's never seen the road in my possession, is registered and insured.

I think it's a badge of honor, stepping into adult-hood, by keeping everything registered and insured that can be used on the road. :rofl:
Normally I'm good about keeping registration up, but what with my dog needing surgery and me not really driving the crew at the time it took a backseat.
I'm sure the tag office is going yo enjoy a late fee on top of what I owe