BNielsen's 2000 Chevy K3500

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
I've owned 1 set of Michelins and they cracked worse than anything I've ever owned and wore like garbage.
Probably depends on which model of tire, but the super-common Michelin all seasons that were very common in the late 1990's/early 2000's, seem like they were stupid hard compound that lasted forever. I bought lots of parts trucks that had Michelins with plenty of tread, but were old and dry rotted beyond useless. People would ask all the time to buy them and I'd tell them "not for sale" and would end up having to pay to dispose of them instead.

Richard

BNielsen

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I've owned 1 set of Michelins and they cracked worse than anything I've ever owned and wore like garbage.
My dad stands by Michelins, they're good tires, wear like iron and ride great, but they tend to knot up from sitting too long, and 7 times out of 10 they'll dry rot before you can burn the tread off them
I really like Hankook but I believe that the ATM has been discontinued for years. You might want to check the dates.
Date code is 4519; so the 45th week of 2019?

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Probably depends on which model of tire, but the super-common Michelin all seasons that were very common in the late 1990's/early 2000's, seem like they were stupid hard compound that lasted forever. I bought lots of parts trucks that had Michelins with plenty of tread, but were old and dry rotted beyond useless. People would ask all the time to buy them and I'd tell them "not for sale" and would end up having to pay to dispose of them instead.

Richard

I bought them because they're supposed to wear like iron and ride like a dream. They didn't, and were total meh in dirt or snow. They were LTXs and had a silly 7XX treadwear rating on them.

My dad stands by Michelins, they're good tires, wear like iron and ride great, but they tend to knot up from sitting too long, and 7 times out of 10 they'll dry rot before you can burn the tread off them

Date code is 4519; so the 45th week of 2019?

So they're 4 years and change old. Somewhere in the 7 year range is about where you're supposed to draw the line.

Carlaisle

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I ran Michelins for years with zero problems then the last 3 sets I had all died via a belt separation. The treadwear rating seemed accurate. Never had a dry rot issue on any Michelin, passenger, light truck, or heavy RV.

BNielsen

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Wound up selling those tires, just had a bad feeling about them so it's still on the crappy 265s. Red truck is going to be getting new tires soon, so the 285 Kellys are going to wind up on this truck.
No updates for it really, it's been parked for the last couple weeks because the tag expired and I haven't had a chance to go down to renew it.

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
I was for a few weeks because the tag expired in November :uhoh2:
Didn't have a choice since the wife was driving the K2500, my shop guy who does all my inspections has been slam busy so I haven't been able to get in to get it inspected; just more and more **** piling up.
So NC still has vehicle inspections? We in Texas won't have them after this year. Unless you have something 24 years or younger, that will still need emissions inspection in the more populated counties. Urban areas and suburbs. Those are $40+, the standard safety inspection is $7.