$2000 1996 K1500 Rock Crawler

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Justin S

Truck Hoarder
Reaction score
It's an 84" Snow Bear home plow. It's metal, but light duty and has an electric winch to raise and lower, and has a manual swivel. Worked great with my old 1500 and didn't stress the front end at all.

65nightmare

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
It's an 84" Snow Bear home plow. It's metal, but light duty and has an electric winch to raise and lower, and has a manual swivel. Worked great with my old 1500 and didn't stress the front end at all.
I've thought about doing something like this but then I realized I don't like getting out in the cold. Then there's the days nights that we get 20" in 12 hrs so I always wonder how well a winch plow works then. I also grossed $17k commercial plowing last year and I don't think I could give that up. But the cons are I need atleast a 3/4 ton hd with the t bars maxed and an auto even though I would rather have a manual.

Edit: plus hydraulics can be a headache at 30 below.

Sent from the land of the ice and snow.

Justin S

Truck Hoarder
Reaction score
Here's the plow on my old truck. We had a hell of a winter here back in 14-15, and it did very well then. Last year was so mild, I hooked it up and plowed one time. Before I got this plow, I ha d a 94 k2500 with a meyers plow, but the truck had pretty bald tires, and a host of other issues which eventually led to me selling the damn thing instead of dumping loads of money into it just to make it work reliably. As long as this truck can make it up an down my driveway, i'll be happy. The manual swivel wasn't much of an issue for me, because I could just turn it one direction and make it work without getting out and moving it.
You must be registered for see images attach

65nightmare

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
That actually looks pretty decent. I have an old 8 foot Meyers that I bolted peaces of an old 22.5 tire to so I can cover my duals. I also pulled the plow off of an old Dodge and made a custom wiring harness plugs, mount, and lift bar so it's mildly quick attach I have less than $500 in my plow - my labor.

BowtieBrody

Jesus Murphy!
Reaction score
A little plow like that Snow Bear would be perfect for my area, I could make a killing plowing driveways and places where the county/DOT won't go. Which is pretty much every road other than the main highway that runs through town.

65nightmare

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
That actually looks pretty decent. I have an old 8 foot Meyers that I bolted peaces of an old 22.5 tire to so I can cover my duals. I also pulled the plow off of an old Dodge and made a custom wiring harness plugs, mount, and lift bar so it's mildly quick attach I have less than $500 in my plow - my labor.

The last pick was a couple days before Easter last year. Almost knee high.

Jrgunn5150

Enjoying tomorrow's success today
Reaction score
A little plow like that Snow Bear would be perfect for my area, I could make a killing plowing driveways and places where the county/DOT won't go. Which is pretty much every road other than the main highway that runs through town.

Make sure to bank some of that killing towards a new transmission lol.

65nightmare

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Make sure to bank some of that killing towards a new transmission lol.
Yep. My transmission guy (yes I go through enough to have a guy) said I was the first one he knows who broke 2 bands? at once. Auto trans are like reading Chinese to me.

Jrgunn5150

Enjoying tomorrow's success today
Reaction score
Plowing beats them up like nothing else I've ever seen, all that rocking I suppose.

65nightmare

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Plowing beats them up like nothing else I've ever seen, all that rocking I suppose.
It doesn't help when you're tired and been plowing for 24+ hrs and the brake doesn't get touched from D to R or vice versa (I'm not on the pedal and the truck is almost stopped). It's just the cost of commercial plowing.