Breaking yard etiquette. Discussion debate personal views please

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tommy1234

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

Very cool 70s era buick century

Attachments

• 20240428_155204.jpg
    20240428_155204.jpg
    192.7 KB · Views: 4

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
Here's the "classics" aisle at Pull-A-Part OKC. Yes, that's a Citroen DS in the middle of the pic.

From the other end. Pretty straight F-body right up front.

There was a Plymouth Volare sedan right in the middle. I grew up in a Volare coupe. That's also where I learned basic maintenance. My dad paid me to do oil changes every three months and to keep the oil topped off between oil changes. If a slant six isn't leaking oil, it's out.

My great grandmother had a '77 volare sedan with a 318 and the notorious Carter 2bbl. carb. She gave me the car when her niece bought her a Celebrity sedan in '88( that was a total POS). We drove the Plymouth for a while, till it got too sketchy to drive. I had a 4 barrel manifold and an AFB to put on it, but the car remembered what it was and started rusting out. It was a decent car for a granny mobile though, and we surprised a few people at traffic lights (was quick off the line!).
Interior was about that shade of blue naugahyde, outside was dark blue metallic with a white vinyl top.

Tommy1234

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Oof. With the terrible Mitsubishi 3.0 liter V6. My mother's '87 Voyager with that motor got new heads at 100k, new gaskets at 150k, another new set of heads at 200k, and finally got traded off with 275k.
Yea fond memories
Luckily never had head gasket issues with the Acclaim.
Transmission gave out traded for a Charger back in 2007