$2000 1996 K1500 Rock Crawler

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Justin S

Truck Hoarder
Reaction score
Here you go @Biggershaft96. We got out first storm of the season, and I was anxious to try the plow out. I made one swipe down the driveway, and did well. I pulled into my backyard to try and clear a path through a big drift, but wasn't paying attention and backed right into an even bigger one and got it stuck. It doesn't look so bad from this side, but I had to shove the driver door open through the drift to get out. I let it sit there till this morning, and it pulled right out.
You must be registered for see images attach

Biggershaft96

Cant Getrite
Reaction score
Lol that looks like a decent size drift on the drivers side. Im suprised that much snow stuck this early in the year.

twomanymontes

car show addict
Reaction score
I'm only an hour and a half down the 90 and We didn't get anything like that here. Just a dusting.

Justin S

Truck Hoarder
Reaction score
So far so good in this average NY winter. Used it about 3 or 4 times, done well. I will say, the plow isn't holding up as well as I hoped. I severely abused it the first season I had it, which was 2 years ago, and now the rust is setting in and has caused it to tweak a bit. The plow blade itself it attached to the mount with 3 pins, and on my old truck I used the lowest settings. This truck made me have to change the angle of the plow, and I had a hell of a time adjusting it because it was so tweaked. Still works, but i'll eventually have to weld some spots to keep it together. I also bought some grippier tires and rims for it, but have yet to put them on because it hasn't been awful out yet.

GL1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I love your truck but those new tires are going to provide too much grip for a 7' plow. As long as you're fixing it, a 2' wing welded on each end would give you an 11' path and really up the redneck rating.

YOU KNOW YOU WANT TO!!!

Justin S

Truck Hoarder
Reaction score
Finally popped the tires on. Haven't needed to use it in a while, and according to the weather forecast I shouldn't have to for at least 2 weeks.