1989 GMC Sierra ST. Aaaand now I have 3.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jrgunn5150

Enjoying tomorrow's success today
Reaction score
I sold Frank, the '92 K1500. I swapped the rims and grille before I sold it. They guy I sold it to used to own the 89 ST, there were 2 others that have owned it between us though.

I see, the guy who couldn't fix an election if his brother was the governor.

So now you can buy it back cheap and effed up lol.

Biggershaft96

Cant Getrite
Reaction score
Ooo and even better, I ended up selling it to the tard who used to own this truck. He is going through bankruptcy, but his mom took out a loan so he could get a truck, because his 2010 is getting repo'd. I found out that the engine is not original and supposedly has less miles than the truck, and apparently this thing can beat a Notchback 5.0 in a drag race :burnout: He also claims that the speedo will roll over past 85 and if you watch closely you can count how fast you're going... he claims a high of 125. Pretty darn sure these are goverened to about 105 or so :evillol:
So does the truck acutally have some get up and go or is it as slow as it looks lol?

94_C/1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I like the ST the most, or maybe the Indy trucks. Not sure if anyone posted it already or not, I noticed on the first page you didn't know what an ST was, but it is the GMC version of a Sport. The Sierra ST was replaced buy the not as good looking Sierra GT.

Justin S

Truck Hoarder
Reaction score
I do like the 2 tone paint scheme. I wanted to look up the VIN on compnine to see how many were made in 89, which can't be many, but they don't have this truck in their system for some reason.

Jrgunn5150

Reaction score
I do like the 2 tone paint scheme. I wanted to look up the VIN on compnine to see how many were made in 89, which can't be many, but they don't have this truck in their system for some reason.

I saw an extended cab parked around the corner from my house like the day before yesterday lol.

Was it a dealer add on or something?

Justin S

Truck Hoarder
Reaction score
I saw an extended cab parked around the corner from my house like the day before yesterday lol.

Was it a dealer add on or something?
I think it was a factory option, the "ST" trucks only came in RCSB, two tone paint with stripe and decals, and color matched bumpers, and I believe all came with 350s, but I could be wrong, since I know Chevy Sport models could have a V6.

Jrgunn5150

Reaction score
I think it was a factory option, the "ST" trucks only came in RCSB, two tone paint with stripe and decals, and color matched bumpers, and I believe all came with 350s, but I could be wrong, since I know Chevy Sport models could have a V6.

I remember when they were new, but GM did a lot of packages back them, S10 Baja, all types of craziness that did or didn't have an effect on the truck really.

Now I need to drive over and see if that truck is still there lol.