1989 GMC Sierra ST. Aaaand now I have 3.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Justin S

Truck Hoarder
Reaction score
Turd2 was looking good today so I snapped a few pics so when the time comes I can pop it up on Craigslist. I'll probably drive it into September, because I think once I get it, the first thing I want to do is get the PCM on my new truck sent out and tuned, and I don't want to be without a truck for that long just in case. I've been looking around at a few different companies and i've read that the vortec 454's respond very well to a basic tune without any other modifications, and I can delete some of the emission junk at the same time, all for about $100.
You must be registered for see images attach

dave_erald

Live the dream, or don't, your choice...
Reaction score
As nice as that truck is (which lets be honest its pretty good, and there is a lot of **** driving on the road) I still think everyone should have a RCLB 4x4 in the winter. And as much as I hate IFS, a GMT400 RCLB 4x4 IFS 350 and a set of 31's is really really good for everyday junk hauling and winter driving.

...and it has to be a 5speed truck and black and different headlight setup then what you currently have and you do know they only made so many different types right??

Justin S

Truck Hoarder
Reaction score
As nice as that truck is (which lets be honest its pretty good, and there is a lot of **** driving on the road) I still think everyone should have a RCLB 4x4 in the winter. And as much as I hate IFS, a GMT400 RCLB 4x4 IFS 350 and a set of 31's is really really good for everyday junk hauling and winter driving.

...and it has to be a 5speed truck and black and different headlight setup then what you currently have and you do know they only made so many different types right??
It's rough around the edges, but definitely solid where it counts. I love driving beaters that I don't have to care about scratching or dinging it. I agree about having a 4x4 for winter. I drove a 94 2wd rcsb as a daily 10 years ago for a couple years, and it definitely had some difficulty with the NY winters. Once I got my 01 Z71 I knew I never wanted to go back to driving a 2wd in the winter. Funny you should mention it, not sure if you saw my post in the chat thread or not, but my next one is going to be a black 98 K2500 RCLB 5spd. Definitely not a beater though.

Justin S

Truck Hoarder
Reaction score
Now that I bought this new one I am as well.. I browsed past several duallies because in my situation it really wasn't necessary, I'm just looking to be able to tow my trailer better, my 01 silverado 1500 wasn't cutting it any more.

Justin S

Truck Hoarder
Reaction score
So, for the 2nd time in my life, a GMT400 has left me stranded on my way home. (The other was my 94 with catastrophic engine failure years ago. I was on my way home with Turd, and at the top of a hill, it just bogged down and shut off. At first it would sputter then die, then just crank and crank. I was thinking fuel pump. Luckily, my buddy who bought my old truck was headed over already, and picked me up in 20 minutes, ran to my house 5 min away, and picked up my trailer and towed it home. After a few minor tests, found that it would start with gas in the throttle body, so it had spark. I could hear the pump run, so figured it wasn't fuel pump. Took a test light to the injector and had no pulse. Checked power to them, and it was getting it. Then, Dylan stopped over and I swapped out his computer and still wouldn't start, so i'm thinking its a bad ground somewhere. I started looking into it tonight, but opted out for several alcoholic beverages instead, i'll look into it tomorrow. I'm amazed my spelling is this accurate at this point. :drunk:

skylark

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
A bad ignition module can still get spark but not pulse the injectors. I didn't believe it until I saw it myself.

Justin S

Truck Hoarder
Reaction score
A bad ignition module can still get spark but not pulse the injectors. I didn't believe it until I saw it myself.
Yes, I was doing a little more research this morning and found that there are other things that can cause the computer to not ground the injectors. Unfortunately I don't have a spare one laying around, but I also read that the TPS can do the same thing if it thinks its at or close to WOT, and simply unplugging it will allow it to fire. I will have to do some more testing later and see what I can find.