1989 GMC Sierra ST. Aaaand now I have 3.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jrgunn5150

Enjoying tomorrow's success today
Reaction score
So, a few weeks ago when I was at the junkyard, there was a truck that had a nice tall oil fill cap, so I took it and put it on this truck. Didn't think anything of it, until I popped my hood last night just to check stuff out, and this is what I found.
You must be registered for see images attach

It fell out of place and got stuck on the exhaust manifold. I literally had to hit it with a hammer multiple times to get it off. I don't know how it happened, because I can still tighten it down, but I just ended up putting the old cap back on. At least it didn't lose any oil!
You must be registered for see images attach

Van oil fills are also tall and fit well.

Justin S

Truck Hoarder
Reaction score
I'm not really concerned that much, considering I most likely won't have this truck long enough to do another oil change, but good to know!

Justin S

Truck Hoarder
Reaction score
It was nice, better to grip, but I really have no idea how the hell it came off, I even screwed it back in place after breaking it off of the manifold, and it seemed to be just as tight as the stock one, so I don't know haha

Justin S

Truck Hoarder
Reaction score
Haha right. So, interesting turn of events, a previous owner of this truck saw it in the background of another craigslist post I had up, and is trying to buy it back. He seems quite interested, and even threw out a stupid number, like 3 times what I paid, but then said he would have to do payments. I told him to get bent, and if he comes up with cash, look for it on Craigslist in the fall :D

Jrgunn5150

Reaction score
Haha right. So, interesting turn of events, a previous owner of this truck saw it in the background of another craigslist post I had up, and is trying to buy it back. He seems quite interested, and even threw out a stupid number, like 3 times what I paid, but then said he would have to do payments. I told him to get bent, and if he comes up with cash, look for it on Craigslist in the fall :D

What the **** is up with people trying to do payment's? You don't look like ******* Bank of America to me... I cannot fathom why people don't have any pride or common sense anymore.

Jrgunn5150

Reaction score
Like they really plan to make good on those payment.:rolleyes:

Exactly, why the hell would you even shoot a figure out there you don't have?

Last weekend I was out doing burnouts in my C10, because Merrica, and this little dipshit kid on a flipping bicycle asked me if I was looking to sell it, and said he'd "give you like 750 for it"

I lost my damn mind on the little idiot.

Justin S

Truck Hoarder
Reaction score
Every time I get someone asking if I'll take payments, I tell them sure, but they can't take the car till it's paid for, and if they don't pay all of it I get to keep their money. They never reply.