1998 GMC c1500 sierra missing front and rear sway bar

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GoToGuy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Just for the wonder if it. I have a parts diagram for this. It's a rear bar for a 1 ton series. I think that would do. I'm gonna order one .
You must be registered for see images attach

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
Just for the wonder if it. I have a parts diagram for this. It's a rear bar for a 1 ton series. I think that would do. I'm gonna order one .
You must be registered for see images attach
Post up pix when you get it, and get it installed. I'm thinking this is something Rawhide could use....
Every once in a while the yards get a 400 dually in, but I'm not sure that bar would swap in a SRW truck....

Vic327

Reaction score
With leaf springs you're really fine without a rear bar. You can get the rear from a suburban and a large front bar from a C3500 assuming 2wd.

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
A few members have gone the Suburban rear bar route, should be plenty of details here on the forum with some searching.

Or go aftermarket for the rear bar, for a bolt-on install without any extra work. I did a Hellwig rear bar on my '94 C2500LD, and an AddCo on my '92 C1500. The Hellwig was an easier install, no drilling. AddCo bar took a few holes in the frame.

Rear bar isn't necessary at all unless you plan on driving your truck like a sports car. The big SUV's got them stock because all the full-time extra weight out back.

Richard

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GriffisClnCo