1989 GMC Sierra ST. Aaaand now I have 3.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Justin S

Truck Hoarder
Reaction score
That would have made the rest of my sentence sound funny, it has stock heater control buttons, no way! :D

dave_erald

Live the dream, or don't, your choice...
Reaction score
The left side air delete never made any sense to me, probably not to them (engineers) either as I think that was very rare. Dumb

Also, yay for moonie gauges. I am probably the only one in the field who still thinks those are cool.......

Justin S

Truck Hoarder
Reaction score
The left side air delete never made any sense to me, probably not to them (engineers) either as I think that was very rare. Dumb

Also, yay for moonie gauges. I am probably the only one in the field who still thinks those are cool.......
@Dylan1991_1500 also loves those. The only one that works correctly is the Speedo, fuel level reads full all the time, coolant temp never moved from low, oil pressure stays maxed out, but twitches all the time, and voltage reads 12v while running, but it really is 14+. Oil and coolant are both disconnected though in favor of the aftermarket gauges. I thought it was funny that behind the vent block off plate, the ducting is all still there, so its really pretty pointless.

Justin S

Truck Hoarder
Reaction score
overall, gotta say I like the composites and a cluster with tach though. Hey, its better than the gauges in Frank, that has a speedo and fuel gauge only, the rest all idiot lights

Jrgunn5150

Enjoying tomorrow's success today
Reaction score
overall, gotta say I like the composites and a cluster with tach though. Hey, its better than the gauges in Frank, that has a speedo and fuel gauge only, the rest all idiot lights

Even when they do have gauges, they really just three position switches lol.

Justin S

Truck Hoarder
Reaction score
So I drove into town today, and got another 8 gallons of gas, 93 this time. Now it doesn't bog whatsoever! I'm thinking there must be something going on in the tank, where if its low enough on gas, it all sloshes back and starves the pump, and then when it runs back, its ok. I know it has that little tray where the pump sits to help fuel stay inside, but maybe there is something different about the sending unit I put in, like it sits up a hair higher or something and/or there's something wrong with that tray, which I doubt because I drove the truck it came out of home from an hour away and it didn't have that issue. Either way, I think as long as I keep it over half a tank I should be fine!