1989 GMC Sierra ST. Aaaand now I have 3.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Justin S

Truck Hoarder
Reaction score
Aaaand just as I expected, there was nothing connected to the knock sensor. I got under it and traced the harness and found the wire, with no connector attached. Lucky me, I have a whole engine harness from my '92 parts truck, so I just snipped the pigtail and wired it up. We'll see how it drives tomorrow!

Justin S

Truck Hoarder
Reaction score
Oh, and I decided to pop the bug guard on this hood instead of the cowl hood. I was originally thinking about putting it on to cover up the rust spot at the front, but it looked stupidthat way.
You must be registered for see images attach

dave_erald

Live the dream, or don't, your choice...
Reaction score
Now to add a gmt400 with single headlights and you'll have one of every headlight style.

Which is what you were after of course

Justin S

Truck Hoarder
Reaction score
Now to add a gmt400 with single headlights and you'll have one of every headlight style.

Which is what you were after of course
How did you read my mind?!?! :p My first truck was 94 w/t, originally came with the single sealed beam headlights, but I didn't like that style and swapped over to the sport grille.

Justin S

Truck Hoarder
Reaction score
So, trip to work this morning was interesting. I found out that somewhere along the way, a previous owner must have decided to remove the clutch linkage clip AND NOT PUT IT BACK! even after a few test drives, it never popped off till halfway to work. Luckily there is an advance auto on the way and I was as to get it there with it only popping off one more time. Other than that, ran great!

Justin S

Truck Hoarder
Reaction score
Gonna register and drive it for a little while until I either get the 4wd one fixed, or find a nice 2500, then I'll sell it.

Dylan1991_1500

Long Bed Owner
Reaction score
Amazes me how many bad mechanics there are out there that have no business working on anything. Clutch linkage with no clip, classic!