1989 GMC Sierra ST. Aaaand now I have 3.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Justin S

Truck Hoarder
Reaction score
We'll see, if I'm gonna go that far i'd almost rather do a 5 speed swap, however it may just be a torque converter so I'll need to look into that

Justin S

Truck Hoarder
Reaction score
So after work I replaced all 4 shocks with "newer" ones, and changed one sway bar link. Pretty sure these were OEM.
You must be registered for see images attach

I also discovered why the steering is sloppy, I originally was blaming all of it on the 4 blown shocks, but this explains more of it. Cheap replacement ones are being ordered shortly!
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Justin S

Truck Hoarder
Reaction score
So I have now gotten rid of my 01 daily driver, and now have this on the road and insured. Got a couple interior parts from the junkyard, as well as an idle air control valve, seems to idle at a lower RPM now. Still have a few things to do before i'll just leave it alone and drive it, idler/pitman and fuel gauge mainly. I will be driving this for a while until I decide what to do with my other truck, or unless I find the right 2500 or 3500. Also thought this was neat, it has factory black light and heater control buttons, as well as a blacked out gauge panel, with a left side vent delete.

Justin S

Truck Hoarder
Reaction score
No, the headlight switch and hvac control buttons are black, where as every other one I've ever seen is grey