1989 Arctic Fox Build Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

The Arctic Fox

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Thanks everyone!

Around the door jams and the windows. I used door jam tape inside the jams and it wasnt the best. I also removed all weather stripping before paint and it is coming up in some spots. I have yet to wet sand.

Love the bow tie on the tailgate, the blue outline adds a nice touch

The bottom seam looks rough but i smoothed it out wet sanding it. This spot (pass. side cab corner area) is the only bad spot that wasn't straight.

You must be registered for see images attach

You can tell where the fresh paint ends half way up the door jam. Tried blending it a bit. From that point up to the cowl is the only area we didnt paint. Otherwise all the weather-striping around the door was off in the process. It all got replaced with brand new LMC weather-striping. I'm already scratching the crap outta the rocker panels from getting in and out.

Sorry the pictures are huge :rofl:

MSCustoms

Its not just a Truck
Reaction score
Thanks everyone!

The bottom seam looks rough but i smoothed it out wet sanding it. This spot (pass. side cab corner area) is the only bad spot that wasn't straight.

You can tell where the fresh paint ends half way up the door jam. Tried blending it a bit. From that point up to the cowl is the only area we didnt paint. Otherwise all the weather-striping around the door was off in the process. It all got replaced with brand new LMC weather-striping. I'm already scratching the crap outta the rocker panels from getting in and out.

Sorry the pictures are huge :rofl:

Perfect, thank you. Did you paint the jams with the rest of the truck? Like both sides of the door in the same spray time

The Arctic Fox

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
No, the truck had an overspray bag all the way over it and it was taped down around the door when the bottom blue portion was originally sprayed.

The Arctic Fox

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I had it rebuilt and its been back to the rebuild shop like 5 times. Each with a new problem. Basically it has the same effect, I doesn't shift into 3rd gear around 30 -40 mph. I said screw it, I'm getting a new tranny.

The Arctic Fox

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
That's what the guy at my local 4wd performance center said if I wanted to accelerate fast but i wont have any top end. So i figured i could at least put 4.11's in have a little more top end for the interstate. But that's all just me assuming how it works. no actual clue how it works. :p