1989 Arctic Fox Build Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

The Arctic Fox

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Alright Now I got my truck painted finally, so Not sure what to add next I decided to just drive it around for a while until my buddy borrowed it and the power steering pump pulley happened to break. So while my truck is down for a while I decided to start tearing down the interior and start some interior projects until I get my taxes back to put a new crate motor in my truck. I went to the junkyard and found some seats problem is they are grey so I'll just put some seat covers and sew the center console blue or the same color of whatever seat covers I get. Here's the interior up to now. It's kinda not clean at all lol see what happens when you let buddies drive it...
You must be registered for see images attach

Took the front seats out.

What it looks like from the back seat without a front seat. I need to hire a chauffeur to drive me around like this! haha

Last edited:

The Arctic Fox

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Here's the seats I bought. power lumbars work on both seats so I kinda want to wire them up now. haha

Driver

Passenger

If you noticed, I need to drill new holes.... oh well I've changed a bench seat to these exact same seats in my buddies dad's rclb 93 w/t 1500. I just need to figure out the holes on the passenger seat since they have a different frames.

Last edited:

ndians68

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Should be a good project, just wondering, but what happened to the motor?

The Arctic Fox

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well I'm not sure exactly whats wrong with the motor... It idles really rough and rough at a low speeds and shakes really bad going down the road. It burns oil really bad I have to fill oil with every gas fill up. haha One of my buddies said he went to one of the gm dealers round here and bought a brand new 5.7L OEM motor from them cheap since they buy 5.7L and 5.3L crates in bulk. He also said he knows a guy that replaced his motor for him, so he knows what he's doing, since his truck was purty awesome.

The Arctic Fox

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I literally just got them bolted in tonight and took her for a spin around the block, with my brand new led gauge cluster. Pure awesomeness inside my cab. But that's only the beginning of the interior transformation. For now I gotta figure out the engine compartment because when I went to take a spin, I came back and the check engine light came on and my check gauges light came on. I had changed the power steering pump the other night and first time running it, since I had no seats in it. Anyways I didn't tighten the return line apparently and fluid was shooting out onto the exhaust, making a horrific burning smell. So back to that damn thing. haha.

Pics this weekend when I have a chance to get some daylight pics.

The Arctic Fox

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Nice. How long ago did you move to AZ? I'm assuming you've been to Shelton's salvage. I wish they would let us walk through the place...