1989 Arctic Fox Build Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

The Arctic Fox

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Update did a few things since Friday. I got my exhaust leak fixed! Bloody hell was that annoying.

You must be registered for see images attach

I added the firestiks I bought recently, since I accidentally broke my old whip using it as something to grab as I was falling off the truck... it was very dumb of me but my first instinct was to grab something. Who woulda guessed it'd be my whip.... :nono:

I used my old antenna hookup, with one of the mounts if anyone was wondering why I bought them both without a coax hookup.

So without whips: (sorry for blurriness, sh!tty phone camera)

And with whips:

Last edited:

The Arctic Fox

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
haha i noticed that when i took the pic. It's just a reflection from the visor. :lol:

Looks perty sweet sorta...

The Arctic Fox

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Alright after a lot going on with other vehicles I finally have made some progress with my truck. I bought and sold a 1990 gmt400 in the past week. In the process I took the camper shell from the gmt400 as a middle man. :gr_grin: What do you guys think... I think my truck pulls it off but I don't plan on keeping it on all the time just when i need it.

BTW, that is the 1990 desert fox I bought and sold. and what this camper shell was off of.

I also bought a fuse panel from amazon. I also found, at a junkyard, an engine compartment storage box. So I put the fuse panel inside the storage box to sorta keep water and mud off of it. Before: (yes the engine bay is very dirty, can't wait to get the engine out and replaced.)

I took the vapor box out since the bracket for the box mounted to the location of the vapor box bracket. I also took the vapor box bracket from the junkyard to fit onto the box bracket.

Apparently the inner fender wells are different, so I just kinda half-assed it in there. As you can tell I have only one bolt holding the box bracket to the inner fender well.

Here is the otherside of the inner fender well where the bolt is located exactly. Also on the storage box itself, there is a bolt mounted into the box that goes straight down through the inner well which both holes will need to be drilled for.

Inside the box is a hole to be mounted to the fender itself which is pre-punched into the fender for a self retaining clip.

Here is the finished project of the storage box.

I got my fuse panel in the box just have to finish wiring everything to it. Then you can see how I did it when I'm done with that. Only have one thing wired up is my KC's finally... They haven't been wired for a while.

Last edited:

The Arctic Fox

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
high demand everybody loves my trucks around here.... :rofl:

But I bought it back from my cousin who needed money. And like 3 days later my buddy really wanted to buy it and I thought about it, I really didn't need another damn vehicle sitting at my house, since I have no room for another.....

The Arctic Fox

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Snow pics are from the Monday the 25th and the 2 muddin pics are from last night. Only Illinois we would go from 30 degree snow weather to 60 degree t-shirt weather good for muddin in 5 day span...