1989 Arctic Fox Build Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

96k1500

Ballin on a budget
Reaction score
Nice. How long ago did you move to AZ? I'm assuming you've been to Shelton's salvage. I wish they would let us walk through the place...

Been here for 2 1/2 years, and yea i know sheltons haha, i use to work there and am friends with them, i can walk through the yard anytime i want to

The Arctic Fox

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well here's an update on the seats...

You must be registered for see images attach

I like the look and functionality better than the original split bench. And yes I know they are a different color but I'm going to try and rig up some seats out of a surburban or tahoe into my backseat. I know the part you sit on is a lot longer than the extended cab so I'm going to try and take the backrest from a surburban/tahoe w/ the fold down center console and put it on a extended cab bottom seat section. I'm also planning on buying gray door panels and put blue trim on it, since I need new panels anyway.

Also I got my LED cluster.

This picture doesn't do its justice sadly. All I can say is the original 2 bulbs that were still working out of the 5 bulbs wouldn't show up on my camera. So if you want a original picture just imagine a black square above the one with blue gauges :lol:

Last edited:

The Arctic Fox

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well congrats on the baby. I just found out I'm going to be a godfather yesterday I'm kinda excited.

96k1500

Ballin on a budget
Reaction score
Well congrats on the baby. I just found out I'm going to be a godfather yesterday I'm kinda excited.

Thanks man and yea it is exciting, i think my wife is wanting to go visit in the next couple of months and if you wanna go check out the trucks at sheltons ill take you back there

97Z71

LOVES GMT400s.
Reaction score

I pulled some 60/40 seats out of a '98 to replace my bench in my old '94 chevy.. it was alot better!!

MSCustoms

Its not just a Truck
Reaction score

I like the look and functionality better than the original split bench. And yes I know they are a different color but I'm going to try and rig up some seats out of a surburban or tahoe into my backseat. I know the part you sit on is a lot longer than the extended cab so I'm going to try and take the backrest from a surburban/tahoe w/ the fold down center console and put it on a extended cab bottom seat section. I'm also planning on buying gray door panels and put blue trim on it, since I need new panels anyway.

Also I got my LED cluster.

This picture doesn't do its justice sadly. All I can say is the original 2 bulbs that were still working out of the 5 bulbs wouldn't show up on my camera. So if you want a original picture just imagine a black square above the one with blue gauges :lol:

Interior looks great. Did you remove the green tint off the back of the gauges?

The Arctic Fox

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I pulled some 60/40 seats out of a '98 to replace my bench in my old '94 chevy.. it was alot better!!

I agree I feel like I'm up higher and plus the armrest is a major plus. :waytogo:

Interior looks great. Did you remove the green tint off the back of the gauges?

I did not It is very bright and blue with the green tint still there. I didn't remove the green because someone mentioned you didn't have to if you were putting blue or green in but any other color you do have to remove to get the full effect.