Chrome spring bumper for tailgate

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
I get why you’d want them - the truck came with them. I get wanting the truck to be as OE as possible in certain instances.

I will keep a look out for a set. These are free at the salvage yard. At least mine wouldn’t charge me for them most likely.
There aren't any salvage yards in my area with vehicles that old (25 years old). The oldest vehicles in salvage yards around here are 10-12 years old. Anything older than that gets sold to scrap yards and recyclers.

fancyTBI

Some of my trucks run and drive
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There aren't any salvage yards in my area with vehicles that old (25 years old). The oldest vehicles in salvage yards around here are 10-12 years old. Anything older than that gets sold to scrap yards and recyclers.
Sure - I said I’ll keep an eye out for you. If you got 3 free pairs then you’d have a decent supply.

Martin Evans

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
As far as I can tell, you don't ABSOLUTELY need them...which is probably why GM discontinued them 14 years ago. I have taken mine off, and the tailgate closes and stays latched just fine. These small "chrome spring bumpers" seem to eliminate the ever-so-slightest "play" at the top of tailgate. With the hatch closed, there is the teeny, tiniest smidge of "play" still, but not even noticeable unless you were specifically looking for it. If I can't find replacements, I guess I'm just going to have to live the teeny, tiny smidge of "play" the tailgate has.

Didn't you keep yours after you took them off?

rzr6-4

Reaction score
If you ever go down a washboard road you will discover really quickly what the benefit is of having them in there.

My shocks are suggestion at this point, so when the rear starts twerking and my entire dash starts to rattle, the tailgate is the least of my concerns.

That said, if yours is nicer (quieter) to where you can actually hear it then maybe I could see it.