WTF is this?!?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Orpedcrow

I don’t know what I’m doing
Supporting Member
Reaction score
These things are nothing new. :shrug:
You must be registered for see images attach

I love the driver only door on driver’s side!
That’s pretty neat. A lot of those were airport busses I think.

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
These things are nothing new. :shrug:

I love the driver only door on driver’s side!
Love it.. the ad is calling it a Suburban, but GM didn't make anything other than 1/2 ton short wheelbase Suburbans in that generation. They did however make a long wheelbase C30 panel truck, which is what this conversion is built on. This conversion uses windows similar to Suburban windows in general appearance with the sloped ends, but they are clearly aftermarket style with those big surrounding frames that the factory Suburban windows don't have. (I've owned several Suburbans and panels from this generation.)

That’s pretty neat. A lot of those were airport busses I think.
Absolutely what pretty much all of them were - airport limos, made out of any number of vehicles. Most of us have seen at least a couple made out of Checker Marathons ("yellow cabs") but they made them out of a lot more than that. To me what sets apart an airport limo from a traditional limo is the airport limos are usually "all doors" or at least "mostly doors" on the stretch area.

To clarify my comments on the Suburban windows, this is one of my old Suburbans, a '61 Apache 10. They only came in this half ton, short wheelbase, 2 door configuration - you could get 'em barn door or tailgate style, though. Note the difference in the side windows. That airport limo was built out of a C30 panel truck they stretched, added doors and windows to.

Richard

Last edited: