Wiring Help Needed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No problem. I asked Mean Green for a diagram of his kit but he hasnt responded or wont respond because it is his product. I just cant spend $100 on a harness that I can make for half and get the gratification of a self made product.

Barons harness is worth every penny. He uses top grade wire an relays. I looked at making my own as well an between good quality relays, relay bases an good wire I was only going to save about $20.

Keep in mind I have DDM hids as well, but there harness is junk an it will fail on you with in 3 months or so causing you to rework it. Good luck with it, Baron is a great guy an will help you with anything you need but you can't expect him to give his product away....

91Bluestreak

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
low beam wire will be your turn on 85
Ground 86
12v+ 30
Wire going to headlights 30

I just spliced the head light harness on the driver inner fender and wired the relays so that the factory switch is just turning on the relays witch then sends power to my lights.
Next I'm gonna cut out all of the factory harness from the relay to the lights and upgrade all the wires.

polar

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So one wire would be going to the headlights and where would the trigger/ turn on wire go? When you say the ddm harness will fail, what do you mean by that?

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They use cheap wiring that is actually undersized (more insulation than wire) the connections come apart an the relays are junk. What can you expect for $15? Check out the hid question thread, there are plenty of complaints about the ddm harness an plenty of people saying stay away.....

97PROSHOZ71

IG - @bad_z71
Reaction score
Mean Green's harnesses are the absolute best quality, I've heard nothing but good things about it, when it comes time for me to upgrade, I will spend the money to purchase a good reliable one that is not mass produced, you know the quality will be good coming from someone I at least know. If you want to spend $100 for it to go down the drain, by all means go ahead, but when your factory DDM harness fails you, just think about what you said.

91Bluestreak

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So one wire would be going to the headlights and where would the trigger/ turn on wire go? When you say the ddm harness will fail, what do you mean by that?

Your trigger is the head light wire witch is slot 85 on a relay. Then slot 30 on the relay sends the power to your headlight. You will need 2 relays 1 for low and 1 for high.

RyanR

BAD REPUTATION
Reaction score
No problem. I asked Mean Green for a diagram of his kit but he hasnt responded or wont respond because it is his product. I just cant spend $100 on a harness that I can make for half and get the gratification of a self made product.

I run the $30 LMC HD headlamp truck harness... Works terrific for me

RyanR

BAD REPUTATION
Reaction score
How good of quality is that harness? Have you had any issues with it?

I haven't had a single problem out of mine, it's a imported product but everything is labeled very clearly, good quality, and was very easy to install. Got a few pics of it in my build thread