wire/connector coming off the a/c comp on a 5.7 vortec, i have no idea where it is supposed to go

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BIG_1088

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
before hand i apologize if i posted this in the wrong area, i had no idea where else to put this

anyways, i have found this plug/wire coming off the wiring harness on the a/c compressor, and i have no idea where it's supposed to go

heres a picture down below

You must be registered for see images attach

does anyone know where this plugs into? i found it like that and the previous owner of the truck has no idea where it's supposed to go either

thanks

-big

Motorgod0

Reaction score
I think it goes to the silver can of the AC unit. I’m drawing a Blanco on the name of that thing. Should be a two prong piece that that controls the pressure and activates the compressor. Or it could be nothing depending on the vehicle.

PlayingWithTBI

2022 Truck of the Year
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you have an R4 compressor do you have the high pressure shut off switch in the back or is there a plug there? When you get a reman compressor they usually don't come with the switch.

Chewy11B

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Based on the length, it looks like it should plug into the accumulator drier "the silver thingy". LOL. It is the pressure cutoff switch.

Chewy11B

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
No problem that's the best part of this forum.....all crazy obsessed gmt owners......lol

RI Chevy guy

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looks like the cutout switch on the back of the compressor, has the same plug as the accumulator but yours is already plugged in. Look for a small set of pins on the back of the compressor

Chewy11B

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
But look at the length will only reach the accumulator. The compressor is too far away.

Donald Mitchell

1990 C1500 5.7L
Reaction score
I vote for the compressor. Your also missing a bolt on top of your idler that holds something.

Chewy11B

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
:Angry:Wait crap, I just realized I think you're all right with compressor. It looked like part of the other loom, but I turned my head 4 different ways and saw I was wrong.....so check to see if theres a sensor on back side of compressor. High pressure, I will tell you this if the compressor was new or rebuilt and just bolted on they didn't take off the factory plug under snap ring. You need to install a sensor if theres not one there......lol