Will this little guy give me my symptoms?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
This is for my 95 5-spd 5.7L truck.

So I had a windsheild put in, drove about 40 miles and as I was pulling up to the grocery store I noticed a very small hesitation...wound it out in 2nd, nothing unusual. Parked and came back, she fired up fine, pulled out and drove across the parking lot and it started missing really bad. Thought my gas gauge was lying so I went to the gas station and it died as I was pulling in...put gas in went to leave and it was still stumbling bad...had to slip the clutch in 3rd to spike the rpms to get it home. Found this peice broken. One end goes to the EGR regulator, one goes to the TB. She fires right up (small high idle) and runs fine when its not under load. My question is will this vaccuum coupler (which I can't find anywhere) give me these symptoms or should I still look into a bad fuel pump on top of the vac leak?

Thanks, Tom

twomanymontes

car show addict
Reaction score
Anytime you have a vacuum leak, it can cause all kinds of weird drivability issues. If it's connected to the throttle body then it could be your issue. I can't really make out what it is in the picture, but I believe it's just a piece of rubber that has different size ends. Try using a piece of vacuum hose and a tee that has different sizes. Best help I can be right now.

Reaction score
Thanks for the .02 I found the part I need I'll test it out and report back. Thanks again

Sent from my RM-915_nam_usa_228 using Tapatalk

Reaction score
It seems to have worked. Went out and got it nice and warm and it seems to run OK. I think the booster diaphragm is leaking a bit as it still has a high idle on cold start (1500 instead of 1200) and the pedal Is a bit squishy but it runs fine once its off fast idle

Sent from my RM-915_nam_usa_228 using Tapatalk