will not start after you drive it for a while

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

okiemudslinger

Son's BEAST
Reaction score
My son's 95 1500 K 5.7 TBI, normally the truck starts right up the first time of the day but lets say you drive across town and stop to get some at the store and you come back out with in a half hour the truck sometimes will not start but not all the time. We did put a new fuel pump in which fix the shutting off while driving problem but it still has the will not start when warm ( some times ) problem. i need some help please.

thanks for you help.

michael hurd

Stalker be gone.
Reaction score
Well, it's either ignition or fuel. If the injectors are spraying ( can take off the breather lid and check when cranking hot and will not start ) then it is ignition.

Perhaps the coil is breaking down when it gets hot, or the ignition module has an intermittent connection.

matt sorrentino

350 TBI Fanatic
Reaction score
I had the same problem on mine. Replaced the starter. Issue solved. Service the starter wires too sometime they break and they might short

superdave

Proud NOOA Member
Reaction score
When you say "won't start" do you mean that it will crank but not fire up, or that it will not crank over at all?

okiemudslinger

Son's BEAST
Reaction score
ok so I charged the battery and changed the fuel filter, truck starts and I drove it to town and back shut it off it starts ( great it's fixed?) wrong try to restart again no start :banghead: