WI Member

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Wagonbacker9

One string banjo. Maybe 2
Reaction score
All due respect to the OBS (mine is a texas native), its job is to keep the salt and thus the rust off of my car. This truck is really in way too good of shape for my plans for it. LOL
It'll get painted (and the one spot of rust repaired) this summer mostly because I want to learn to paint. Still not sure if I'll keep using the truck as a DD in the summer or if it'll live at my parents'. Once my GTO gets retuned (running super rich on a canned tune when I parked it for the winter) it should bet better mileage than the truck.

Wagonbacker9

Reaction score
So, this forum is already costing me money. I ordered the cowl hood, and have a bid in on mirrors for the truck already (not paying the extra $20 for buy it now.. lol).

I also need to address the ball joint/wheel bearing issue (driver's front tire has positive camber wear) and install a rear lift of some sort (AAL?) before I crank up the bars and put the MTZs on.

Wagonbacker9

Reaction score
Real annoyed with the previous owner... the auxilary reverse lights he wired he apparently cut the power feed on when he was removing the plow wiring, so I pulled those completely (plan on pulling the entire bumper at some point and replacing with stock (or at least something else). However, the hitch wiring is ALL hacked up, so I'll be limited to a 4-pin harness, and the exhaust pipes are currently routed blocking both the use of a spare tire and a shackle flip kit...

I installed a new intake, as I was missing pieces of the factory part, though the tube intake and cone filter look SERIOUSLY out of place... oh well, I have a new filter in there, and I'm sure its better than what I took out.

In a related note, it appears that the evap canister (should be behind driver's headlight I think?) is missing, and there are at least 3 or 4 hoses disconnected under the hood. Lucky for me, I don't have to pass emissions, so this is OK.

I ordered u-bolt flip plates and a new diff cover (kit) from BTF. Also ordered a Pro-Comp 2.5" angled lift block kit and Edelbrock shocks ($30 each on summit so I figured I'd give them a shot) Orderd the ones good for up to a 4" lift on a K1500 as I have helpers on the K2500 already (discovered that today as well).

Probably going to take an eyeball measurement of the camber after I crank it and I may bolt up the MTZs if it looks close.

Scheduled projects for this truck currently: LED Cargo lamp bumbs, GMT800 styled mirrors (manual with sidemarkers), 2.5" lift block, new rear shocks, plastidip bumper, new headlights, bumper lights, and corner markers with LED turn signals and switchback inner signals.

Last edited:

Wagonbacker9

Reaction score
2.5" lift is in... but it feels like a LOT more than 2.5".. part of that is going up to 285s, but regardless, LOVE IT.

Wagonbacker9

Reaction score
Switchbacks are in...

You must be registered for see images attach

I can't remember which of these was blinker on and blinker off, but you get the point that you basically can't tell with the running lights on:

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
So...they're white when on the running lights, then when they flash, they alternate between white & yellow?
Are these an ebay buy? Did you have to change anything else, other than from the standard flasher to the LED compatible one?

Wagonbacker9

Reaction score
So...they're white when on the running lights, then when they flash, they alternate between white & yellow?
Are these an ebay buy? Did you have to change anything else, other than from the standard flasher to the LED compatible one?

These particular version, the white stays on when the blinker is on (which is why they're in the truck, not my GTO.. they'd be unsafe alone this way). The bulbs were an Ebay buy, and to get them to seat I had to trim a little out of the bulb base so the circuit board would clear. Changed the flasher, done deal. You can get versions that will turn off the white when the turn signal is engaged as well.