Why so many 400s leaving?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Vigh_J

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I didnt get into a NBS for an appearnace thing at all (the thing is 9 years old)... Simply my duramax is my only vehicle and i needed a crewcab, something that would pull my 24' travel trailer with a 600lb quad in the box with ease. I know there are OBSCC's but try and find one worth buying out my way... not only that she would be struggling with that kinda payload. I need something that is reliable with a wife/daughter and another on the way... it wasnt so much a want but a necessity. I still have dreams of a RCSB project oneday... but im in for the long haul.... GM for the Win!!

tsoderstrum

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I just bought my truck a year ago and I specifically wanted a gmt400 for all the previously mentioned reasons. Parts are cheap and abundant, they look great, and they are easy to work on. Plus it already has enough, lets say "character", that I don't mind taking it offroad or hauling things in the bed because a couple more small scratches and dings don't matter. Although in fairness, this is my third vehicle and my other two are significantly newer so things like reliability or room for family aren't really factors in my truck.

DRAGGIN95

Warranty Killer!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I didnt get into a NBS for an appearnace thing at all (the thing is 9 years old)... Simply my duramax is my only vehicle and i needed a crewcab, something that would pull my 24' travel trailer with a 600lb quad in the box with ease. I know there are OBSCC's but try and find one worth buying out my way... not only that she would be struggling with that kinda payload. I need something that is reliable with a wife/daughter and another on the way... it wasnt so much a want but a necessity. I still have dreams of a RCSB project oneday... but im in for the long haul.... GM for the Win!!
Yes congratulations on the new baby!

Devs93

OBS 4 EVA
Reaction score
But the 5.7 is a better motor than the 5.3

I love 5.7s but gonna disagree and once you have truck with a 5.3 you will know why. They are freaking beasts plus better mpgs more power etc etc and thats a stock you can build the 5.3s to 400 hp and still get 20mpgs

DRAGGIN95

Warranty Killer!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I love 5.7s but gonna disagree and once you have truck with a 5.3 you will know why. They are freaking beasts plus better mpgs more power etc etc and thats a stock you can build the 5.3s to 400 hp and still get 20mpgs

Yes and Yes!

BURBAN GUY

Redneck Rolls
Reaction score

Congrats James!!!!!!!!!!!
Kids are great if you cook them right! LOL

Butch

I'm awesomeR!
Reaction score
I need reliability and driving trucks that are 14+ years old and over 200k miles is kind of like Russian roulette and in my kind of work that just doesn't cut it. I put 10k miles on the Yukon in the past 2 months and it was going very strong put you never know about the little things, especially working 250 miles from home and my shop so down time is really no option. I love my '98 Z71 and it will see some much needed attention after my time here in Homestead is finished hopefully in a few months but for a daily driver and all around vehicle I'm looking desperately for a LBZ Duramax. You can't beat what those trucks have to offer and the GMT400 can't touch it without heavy modifications.

Yeti

Reaction score
I just bought my truck a year ago and I specifically wanted a gmt400 for all the previously mentioned reasons. Parts are cheap and abundant, they look great, and they are easy to work on. Plus it already has enough, lets say "character", that I don't mind taking it offroad or hauling things in the bed because a couple more small scratches and dings don't matter. Although in fairness, this is my third vehicle and my other two are significantly newer so things like reliability or room for family aren't really factors in my truck.

Exactly why I got a 97 just a short while ago. Main reason is they can look great if taken care of but still used as a work truck. I can go camping off road and still come home, clean it up and take the GF downtown for dinner. No monthly payments are great as well.

When you are stuck in the middle with a ~8 year old truck making payments and also fixing it as it is breaking and out of warranty; that sucks!

But it all depends on each persons preferences. Enjoy the truck you like to own!

BlackSilverado98

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I am not planning on going anywhere. I love these trucks and just recently bought another one. So I now have a 98 Silverado and a 98 Tahoe and I absolutely love them both!